The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 27, 2004, 11:30am
Official Forum Member

Does anyone have a link to the NFHS rulebook that can be reffered to on-line ??
Old Mon Sep 27, 2004, 11:39am
Do not give a damn!!

NOPE!!!

The NF does not allow that. You have to buy their books or buy the program from Athletic Rules Study.

Peace
Old Mon Sep 27, 2004, 01:08pm
Official Forum Member

Actually, you can reference the NFHS Rulebook online at NFHS.org

This requires that you have a membership with NFHS, which I know as a part of the North Dakota HSAA we receive membership in NFHS as part of our state dues. If you receive a copy of Official's Quarterly, then you have access to the Members Content Areas of NFHS.org

1) Goto NFHS.org and click login.
2) If you do not already have a login, click on "Find my record"
3) Enter your information there. The ID number is on the top of your mailing information on the Official's Quarterly.

Once you've done this, received your verification and password setting email, you can then access the rule books for several sports during their NFHS season online.
Old Mon Sep 27, 2004, 01:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

Is that the "Training Program" that the NF is trying out?

Peace
Old Mon Sep 27, 2004, 01:20pm
Official Forum Member

Nope, it's the full-fledged rulebook.
Old Mon Sep 27, 2004, 01:21pm
Small Business Owner

Cool Rut, is incorrect!

As glyphrunner already mentioned they ARE available on line at http://www.nfhs.org.
You membership number is the 7-digit number located on you Officials Quarterly Mailing label.
At this time you can only access the 2004 NFHS Rules Book and the 2004 NFHS Case Book.

This is a relatively new addition to the NFHS website which possibly explains why Rut was uninformed and unaware.
Old Mon Sep 27, 2004, 01:56pm
Do not give a damn!!

That is why I asked is this new? I have not received an Official's Quarterly this year (school year). I do not know of any official in my state that has personally. Not to say they have not, but no one has talked about the Quarterly like they have in the past or discuss rulings from that publication.

I know that the NF was starting some kind of online training that they were going to charge for separately from our normal dues. The IHSA (Illinois) rejected this program based on the current training and camps we have in our state. Not sure this has anything to do with getting the quarterly or not. But I have never seen any information that we have access based on our dues. All I can remember is that it was discussed at the state official's convention during the summer. For as long as I remember they never put their information online. This would be a first.

Peace
Old Mon Sep 27, 2004, 03:17pm
Small Business Owner

Rut you can still get into the website.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
That is why I asked is this new? I have not received an Official's Quarterly this year (school year). I do not know of any official in my state that has personally. Not to say they have not, but no one has talked about the Quarterly like they have in the past or discuss rulings from that publication.

I know that the NF was starting some kind of online training that they were going to charge for separately from our normal dues. The IHSA (Illinois) rejected this program based on the current training and camps we have in our state. Not sure this has anything to do with getting the quarterly or not. But I have never seen any information that we have access based on our dues. All I can remember is that it was discussed at the state official's convention during the summer. For as long as I remember they never put their information online. This would be a first.

Peace
Rut-
You can still get into the website without your membership number. When it asks for your member number leave it blank and fill in all the other info and it should come back and ask, "Are you the Jeff Rutledge that lives at 123 Main * Anytown, IL.??
Answer yes, enter a user id and password and you are registered.

In other words if you have worked NFHS ball for more than a year you should be registered (thru your state) with the NFHS and have an established membership number. Play around with the site and you should be able to figure it out.
If all else fails the NFHS 317-972-6900 and ask them what your membership number is.

FYI- I was not recieving my Officials Quarterly and called the NFHS. The had a cumputer glich with my address (imagine that) they fixed the problem (we shall see) and mailed me the last three issues.
Old Mon Sep 27, 2004, 03:34pm
Official Forum Member

That's pretty neat, I didn't know the books were online. I haven't gotten a quarterly in a while either...

I signed up as KWH just posted, and it worked. Well I think it worked, I'm just waiting for the email with my password.
Old Mon Sep 27, 2004, 04:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge

Peace
Jeff, I got the Quarterly and I have access to the online content and I am from Illinois. I haven't done anything other than be a member of the IHSA to get these things. So you can now say that you've heard of at least ONE Illinois official whose gotten the quarterly and who access to the online rule and case book.
Old Mon Sep 27, 2004, 04:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Mike,

I am not talking about people online. I am talking about officials that I work with or fellow officials that belong to my associations. It has been almost inevitable that someone will bring up an article or a situation and that has been written in the book. Not one single official has openly talked about this year's quarterly and that still stands. Mike with all due respect, I do not know you. And I have yet to hear anyone talk about this on the website. This question was brought up recently on the basketball board and the same answer was given.

Peace
Old Mon Sep 27, 2004, 04:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by glyphrunner
Nope, it's the full-fledged rulebook.

Glyph, Thanks for the info. I will forward it to our association here in Grand Forks.
Old Tue Sep 28, 2004, 01:21am
Official Forum Member

Bah. I finally got into the site and it turns out WI people don't get a membership. Do the state offices have to pay to grant their members access or something?
Old Tue Sep 28, 2004, 08:00am
Official Forum Member

This cool, thanks for the information! I am in and I didn't even know it!