The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 20, 2004, 02:18am
Official Forum Member

This weekend we had a game where 2 players from the same team got into a fight during the 1st quarter. The 2 had to be separated and the coach kicked them both off the field. Is it possible to call UC on a team where both fighters are on the same team?? We didn't call anything because it didn't really get heated until they were off the field, but the whole stadium could here the shouting. I have to say though, it was pretty funny.
Old Mon Sep 20, 2004, 07:37am
Official Forum Member

I play in an amatuer (adult) league in Germany, and at one of our games two of the American coaches, a player and the president of the team got in a fist fight in the team zone.
The refs came in and blew whistles, but then realized that there was nothing they could do. Fighting specifically states 'an opponent'. The president stalked off and the others calmed down for the most part, but it was very strange!

James
Old Mon Sep 20, 2004, 09:06am
Official Forum Member

Well, you can't have fighting because the definition clearly states that it involves opponents.

You could have a UC here (it is unsportsmanlike to fight at all), but I probably wouldn't throw a flag - especially in your case where the coach took care of the situation.
Old Mon Sep 20, 2004, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by schmitty1973
This weekend we had a game where 2 players from the same team got into a fight during the 1st quarter. The 2 had to be separated and the coach kicked them both off the field. Is it possible to call UC on a team where both fighters are on the same team?? We didn't call anything because it didn't really get heated until they were off the field, but the whole stadium could here the shouting. I have to say though, it was pretty funny.
I have had this happen twice in 10 years. Both times, the coach took care of it so we ignored it.