The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 09, 2004, 08:02am
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb

We are working mostly JV games in Michigan this year, and I wondered, should we supply the ADs with ratings cards for these subvarsity contests?

This may vary by state, but in my rookie season last year I seem to recall the vet WH that worked with us in our one JV/Fresh contest, gave the AD a ratings form prior to the game. And if so, are the ratings from subvarsity worth accumulating if, down the road, we end up wanting tournament games.

We are only in our first year working together as a full crew, and I would like to get some kind of performance record as we move up.

2nd Yr Ump
Old Thu Sep 09, 2004, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaysef
We are working mostly JV games in Michigan this year, and I wondered, should we supply the ADs with ratings cards for these subvarsity contests?

This may vary by state, but in my rookie season last year I seem to recall the vet WH that worked with us in our one JV/Fresh contest, gave the AD a ratings form prior to the game. And if so, are the ratings from subvarsity worth accumulating if, down the road, we end up wanting tournament games.

We are only in our first year working together as a full crew, and I would like to get some kind of performance record as we move up.

2nd Yr Ump
I don't think anyone here will know the answer to your question, unless we have some Michigan officials here. Try talking to your assignor and ask him. We can only tell you what is done in our state.
Old Thu Sep 09, 2004, 11:14am
Official Forum Member

TRUE,my chapter does use sub varsity games but they are used 3-1.so every 3 sub games count as 1 rating,skip
Old Fri Sep 10, 2004, 10:26pm
Official Forum Member

Jaysef,

I almost always give coaches a rating card in every sub varsity game I work. Each year you get your rating from the state and you can see what the coaches think you should work on. You must take these comments with some skepticism. Does a coach know what your keys are on different plays? NO.
Every year coaches mark me down on positioning, rules knowledge and proper administation of penalties. Just use them as a guide.