The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Sep 05, 2004, 07:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FGallie22
First time post,but have ?, Play, 4th down A punts B has 12 players IP,is IP part of PSK ?
Old Sun Sep 05, 2004, 07:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

No

We have discussed this many times before. I would say no because the spot of enforcement is always the previous spot for this kind of penalty. This is not a spot foul, so I would have to say you cannot have PSK with this situation. At least for NF Rules.

Peace
Old Mon Sep 06, 2004, 08:21am
Official Forum Member

PSK

yes it can be!THIS WOULD DEPEND ON WHEN YOU THROW THE FLAG.IF IT WAS THROWN BEFORE THE SNAP THEN NO.ALL YOU HAVE IS A SUBSTITUTION INFRACTION.AFTER THE SNAP THEN YES.THIS YEAR THE PSK IS AFTER THE SNAP AND IF THE FOUL IS ON R'S SIDE OF THE EXPANDED NEUTRAL ZONE AND IF THE KICK CROSSES IT.AND OH AFTER THE SNAP IT WOULD BE A 15 YARDER.SKIP
Old Mon Sep 06, 2004, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

See thread: IS this a PSK foul? Aug 27

Jerry Diehl from the NF has a post on the third page. Previous spot because the foul occurred simultaneously with the snap. 10-4-2a
Old Mon Sep 06, 2004, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Re: PSK

Quote:
Originally posted by skipcarter
yes it can be!THIS WOULD DEPEND ON WHEN YOU THROW THE FLAG.IF IT WAS THROWN BEFORE THE SNAP THEN NO.ALL YOU HAVE IS A SUBSTITUTION INFRACTION.AFTER THE SNAP THEN YES.THIS YEAR THE PSK IS AFTER THE SNAP AND IF THE FOUL IS ON R'S SIDE OF THE EXPANDED NEUTRAL ZONE AND IF THE KICK CROSSES IT.AND OH AFTER THE SNAP IT WOULD BE A 15 YARDER.SKIP
This is nor PSK because the foul is simultaneous with the snap. If there were a fundamental statement that read something like " "Simultaneous with" preceeds "after or during the snap" " then all this situation would be clear to everyone.
Old Mon Sep 06, 2004, 06:19pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

I guess the trouble i am having wit this is there should have been a flag before the snap with would make it a substitution infraction and only 5 yards.Once the ball is snapped it becomes illegal participation and 15 yards.and with the new window this year for PSK with states.window is now from the snap to the end of the kick.the new ruling 2-16-2,g,post scrimmage kick-a foul by r that occurs on r's side of the expanded neutrul zone prior to the end of the scrimmage kick(other then a try or sussessful field goal)that crosses the neutral zone,and k does not have possession of the ball when the down ends.i guess with this and the new window that starts the PSK rule with the snap i feel it still falls under PSK...i better write to my state board to find out cause i do not want to get it wrong,thanks,skip
Old Mon Sep 06, 2004, 07:19pm
Official Forum Member

Just remember there is a difference between a foul simultanious with the snap and a foul which will qualify for PSK. There aren't many things that the defense can do to qualify as a foul simultanious with the snap but this is one. Most are dead-ball fouls or fouls after the snap.