The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Aug 29, 2004, 07:59am
Official Forum Member

hello

the season here in virginia has officially kicked off this weekend, what a weekend it was the heat was horrible and the team were unorganized. this brings me to a question, the minute you step on the field here you automatically see some schools are by far better equiped than others. i was the white hat and i couldnt believe the number of players we wouldnt allow on the field because of improper uniforms, some teams pants were not covering the knees properly, we found helmets without the approved symbol to meet requirements for safety. i have seen a number of players using duck tape around the waist because for what ever reason the uniform will not stay up, i have looked for it in the book but maybe im missing it. is it improper for duck tape to be used on a football field using national federation rule?
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions, they become habits. Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Tim Harris
Old Sun Aug 29, 2004, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Nothing against it.
Old Sun Aug 29, 2004, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by timharris
hello

the season here in virginia has officially kicked off this weekend, what a weekend it was the heat was horrible and the team were unorganized. this brings me to a question, the minute you step on the field here you automatically see some schools are by far better equiped than others. i was the white hat and i couldnt believe the number of players we wouldnt allow on the field because of improper uniforms, some teams pants were not covering the knees properly, we found helmets without the approved symbol to meet requirements for safety. i have seen a number of players using duck tape around the waist because for what ever reason the uniform will not stay up, i have looked for it in the book but maybe im missing it. is it improper for duck tape to be used on a football field using national federation rule?
No specific rule covering duck tape. Rule 1-5-3 covers illegal equipment which applies to "...any equipment, which in th eopinion of the umpire is dangerous, confusing or inappropriate." Therefore, the umpire makes the final determination.

I would play with it if you feel no advantage is gained and then report it to whoever sanctions play in your area.