The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 02, 2004, 07:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BigGref
LJ, Last night I had an interception coming back towards my sideline. The kid ran it from the goal line to about the opposite 40. In the middle of the runback I'm running down the sideline, actually about 2-3 yards inbounds; I have to move about 5 yards out of the way so I don't run into a group of about 3-4 coaches. They were a little mad, until I told them that that was their warning (didn't want the coaches making that bit of difference) After that I had about 4 extra get back coaches!
If you scare them, even if it isn't really costing the team anything, they usually get the point real quick. good article.
I was working wing one time and running down the sideline (IN the field of play) and I ran into a coach. Automatic flag! MY safety counts too! If you have to run around a coach on the field, then you can't do your job properly.
Old Thu Sep 02, 2004, 08:10pm
Official Forum Member

Here in the soutern end of NJ our association assigns the games. The NJ schools must hire members of the NJFOA. The NJFOA has 4 districts. In at least one on the districts, the officials signed up there own games, but this may have changed years ago. I am the subvarsity assignor. I got a call at 7 pm today for a 3 man freshman scrimmage at 10 am tomorrow. The assignor job is crazy but fun. Yes i got 3 guys assigned already that is why i am online!