The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 20, 2004, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

First game tonight and the rain gods are having fun. Raining all day in Indiana. So much for getting started on the right foot. Nice new knickers and socks...bye bye.

Hey Rutledge....if you get bored tonight at your scrimmage, wheel down I-65 to Hobart and join us. Somebody has to run the clock.
Old Fri Aug 20, 2004, 12:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

I should be working tonight as well. I do not think it is suppose to rain here, but you never know.

It rained at my scrimmage on Tuesday and we waited around for about an hour or so. The rain eventually stopped and got on with the scrimmage. Thank God it did not rain all night. I have another scrimmage in the morning and the forecast has no rain. Again we will see.

Peace
Old Sat Aug 21, 2004, 07:18pm
Official Forum Member

Water Break

Scrimmage games this week - 95*F, 90% humidity, no breeze, no rain, just dust. The air is so heavy, it feels like someone stuffed a wet dishrag in your mouth.

Down here in Louisiana we stop play mid-way through each period so the players, and the officials, can catch their breath, and get some fluids. We don't interrupt a drive, but as soon as we have a change of possession we take a break.

I'm not complaining because up there in Indiana, come November, there will be a heavy frost on the pumpkins. We will have temps in the 40s & 50s.
Alexandria, LA
Louisiana NG
Old Sat Aug 21, 2004, 08:52pm
Official Forum Member

We started the season down here. Had a game in Macon, GA. With 9:34 left in the game, I cleared the field because of lightning. A line of thunderstorms rolled through. Game was delayed for 59 minutes. State Association rules state that if you have a cummulative total of 60 minutes game delay the game must be cancelled and rescheduled. Luckily, was able to get the ball in play, safely I might add, and complete the game without any further incident. Score was 15-12 for the home team. Finished game at 11:15 pm.
Old Sat Aug 21, 2004, 09:13pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

SoGARef,

I know how you feel. I used to live and ref out of Macon. Moved to Indiana 4 years ago. Happily, the rain slwed down and we had a very good nice for football. Good game for the first one.
Old Sat Aug 21, 2004, 10:09pm
Official Forum Member

Axeman,

What association did you work with International City or Middle Georgia? I work with Albany Football Officials, but live in Valdosta.
Old Sun Aug 22, 2004, 08:56pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

SoGARef,

I was a member of the Middle Georgia Association for 2 years. I worked for Mercer University. I have now moved on to Purdue University. I will tell you that even though it gets hot in Indiana, I do not miss the heat down in Macon. I do miss getting to wear shorts though.
Old Sun Aug 22, 2004, 09:29pm
Official Forum Member

The state change the rule around about 3 years ago. We can only wear shorts to the scrimmages now, not the games. Georgia follows either the SEC or the ACC. The year the ACC stopped the shorts we stopped the next.