The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 18, 2003, 11:47am
Official Forum Member

Question

If anyone out there has information on how to apply or inquire about becoming an official for the Arena Football League 2, please let me know.
Old Wed Nov 19, 2003, 08:59am
Official Forum Member

arenafootball2 address

arenafootball2
20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 1231
Chicago, IL 60606
ATTN: Mike Durst

email is: [email protected]

[Edited by Husker Ref on Nov 19th, 2003 at 08:22 AM]
Old Wed Nov 19, 2003, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

I'd contact the NFL as well. The usually assign a good number of official to this league with the intent of helping them along.
Old Wed Nov 19, 2003, 10:41am
Official Forum Member

nfl?

Anyone know the best way to reach the NFL officials people? These officials/referee websites are AWFUL about that stuff. You'd think they'd have lists of all the contacts here.

In fact, just catching on with a local association is no easy task. It's almost harder to find out how to become an official than anything else.
Old Wed Nov 19, 2003, 11:01am
Official Forum Member

Re: nfl?

Quote:
Originally posted by stpetesteve
Anyone know the best way to reach the NFL officials people? These officials/referee websites are AWFUL about that stuff. You'd think they'd have lists of all the contacts here.

In fact, just catching on with a local association is no easy task. It's almost harder to find out how to become an official than anything else.
National Football League
280 Park Ave.
New York, NY 10022-0121

212-450-2000
Old Sat Dec 13, 2003, 07:20am
Official Forum Member

Re: nfl?

Quote:

The address for applying for an NFL Officials job is...NFL Officiating, 280 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017. There are certain pre-requisites that must be met first. Go to the help section of NFL.com and you will find the answer you seek.
Old Sat Dec 13, 2003, 12:34pm
Official Forum Member

EDIT: I found it -> http://www.nfl.com/help

[Edited by Snake~eyes on Dec 13th, 2003 at 11:38 AM]
Old Wed Jan 21, 2004, 09:08am
Official Forum Member

The football officials camps at the University of Nevada Reno and UCLA always have supervisors from the Arena Football League (AFL) and the NFL explain the recruitment process. The AFL is basically a minor league for football officials to use to progress to the NFL. Mike Pereira spoke at last years camp in Reno. Attending one of these camps (or one of the others around the nation) are excellent opportunities to meet NFL, D1, AFL officials and supervisors and to learn what it takes to progress to that level.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2004, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

camps?

Anyone know the best way to get in touch with these camps and possible attend? I'm such a rookie to these things, so pardon the endless stream of neophyte questions.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2004, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

Re: camps?

Quote:
Anyone know the best way to get in touch with these camps and possible attend? I'm such a rookie to these things, so pardon the endless stream of neophyte questions.
I attended this camp last year and its pretty much what it advertises. Especially good for guys who want to move up and need to “network”.
http://www.refereecamp.ucla.edu/

Old Sun Feb 22, 2004, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to sampras59 Send a message via Yahoo to sampras59
Post UCLA CAMP

Can anyone attend even a newbie? Whats your thoughts to one attending?
Old Sun Feb 22, 2004, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

Re: UCLA CAMP

Quote:
Originally posted by sampras59
Can anyone attend even a newbie? Whats your thoughts to one attending?
Yes, anyone can attend. Out of the 90+ officials attending we had “Rookies” to “Grizzled Old Timers.” I guess I could be best described as a “Grizzled Old Time Rookie” LOL. Anyway, as a second year guy I learned a great deal at this camp. The mechanic training was invaluable and because of it I was afforded the opportunity to work semi-pro ball when a vacancy opened up last year. They gave us plenty of opportunity to “Network” with supervising officials from the NFL, NCAA and AFL2 leagues. This “Networking is a must if one has plans of moving up to these levels.
The big plus for me was working with players and officials way above any level I will never attain. Kind of like a “Fantasy Officials Camp” for old guys. So my thoughts are to GO FOR IT!

[Edited by James Neil on Feb 22nd, 2004 at 04:09 PM]