The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 26, 2003, 08:48pm
Official Forum Member

I'm looking for recommendations for shoes that will provide good traction on natural grass fields. I currently use a Riddell Raider that performs well on a dry field with relatively short grass and on artificial turf fields.
I'm considering actually going to a football cleat shoe to use on wet and/or long grass fields.

Any recommendations?
Old Sun Oct 26, 2003, 09:28pm
Official Forum Member

The new spotbilts. Go to Honigs website
Old Sun Oct 26, 2003, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

I used Adidas Mayhem Mids this last season. They are a bit pricey ($100) but I have very bad ankles and need good support. They make them in a low and a high as well. These cleats were almost as comfortable as a pair of shoes. I also like the fact that they come in an all black with no white. I had 3 games in muddy conditions and they held up well.
Old Thu Oct 30, 2003, 09:53pm
Official Forum Member

cheese38's got it. Spotbilts are great. I'm on my 3rd season with the same shoes which to this point is 23 varsity games and about 25 JV games. They're great no matter what the weather. One guy I work with told me he used WD40 (the lubricant) on his shoes in high school for muddy fields. The mud doesn't clog up in the shoes. Haven't tried that trick though.

Also, the new Spotbilts (I've heard) are even better. I plan to upgrade next season.
Old Fri Oct 31, 2003, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

Seconded on the Spotbilts. Had a mudder last night and they were good. At one point, though, if the mud is deep enough, nothing really helps.

Once I put some good athletic shoe insoles in the Spots, they've been great. (They compliment my natural athleticism and speed) :-)
Old Sat Nov 01, 2003, 10:01am
Official Forum Member

Another vote for the SpotBilts. I wear them for fastpitch softball as well.
Old Sat Nov 01, 2003, 08:11pm
Official Forum Member

Smile call me different....

I hate low tops, so I got some 3/4 reebok football cleats....tossed in a couple of nice gel type insoles and am off to the races!!!! Blacked out the "reebok" on the side and my feet are great. They work well on our 3 "turf" fields as well....Use them for baseball base shoes as well. And as a plus....got them on sale at big 5 for 40 clams