LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 06, 2003, 06:53am
Official Forum Member

Re: Better late than never.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Thanks for citing the Case Book situation, Ed. But you can cite all the rulings you want to. You do what your state association tells you to do. That is the only thing that you MUST do. If you don't beleive me, take a look at some of the PSK threads and digest what some states are doing with that. I don't believe that state associations can rule contrary to the case book or rule book with regard to PSK, but they are.

I have been telling you this for years. But everytime I say it, you claim I do not know what I am talking about. Because no matter what the NF says, we are not licensed by the NF for anything. The NF is a guide to what we are to do, but not the God of all of our actions.

Nice to see you come around.

Peace
Rut, you are just stiring up trouble now!
Old Mon Oct 06, 2003, 08:42am
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Re: Better late than never.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikesears
Quote:

Mike,

Not at all. Just stating the truth. If it hurts, then so be it.

Peace
Old Mon Oct 06, 2003, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Better late than never.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by mikesears
Quote:

Mike,

Not at all. Just stating the truth. If it hurts, then so be it.

Peace
Hope you saw my " " in my post.
Old Mon Oct 06, 2003, 12:52pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Better late than never.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikesears
Quote:

Hope you saw my " " in my post.
I did. Still stating the truth.

Peace
Old Mon Oct 06, 2003, 01:03pm
Official Forum Member

In most the games I've done, we generally have 15 minute halfs. If both teams are back on the field prior to the 15 minutes, then we signal to the clock operator to begin the 3 minute warm-up period. But we never cut the 3 minute period. Thursday night I did a varsity game and both teams were lined up for the second-half kickoff and we waited till the 3 minute warm up ticked down to 0. Wasn't it last year that some officiating crew got sued by the parent's of a kid who didn't get the full 3 minute warm-up and pulled a muscle (or something like that?) We talked about it in our association last year and all determined that regardless, they would all get the mandatory 3 minute period.
Old Mon Oct 06, 2003, 04:55pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Better late than never.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
I have been telling you this for years. But everytime I say it, you claim I do not know what I am talking about. Because no matter what the NF says, we are not licensed by the NF for anything. The NF is a guide to what we are to do, but not the God of all of our actions.
That doesn't have anything to do with a rules discussion where NFHS rules are being used. The rule is the rule. the 3 minute rule exists in all NFHS states, whether they follow it or not.

You've mistakenly argued a point before, then when it was pointed out that you were wrong, you say, "Oh, well...that's the rules in Illnois." Bull$hit!

I know what this rule is, never said it wasn't the rule. We've just been told that we're not to concern ourselves with it since it isn't an issue within the game.
Old Mon Oct 06, 2003, 06:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Simbio
In most the games I've done, we generally have 15 minute halfs. If both teams are back on the field prior to the 15 minutes, then we signal to the clock operator to begin the 3 minute warm-up period. But we never cut the 3 minute period. Thursday night I did a varsity game and both teams were lined up for the second-half kickoff and we waited till the 3 minute warm up ticked down to 0. Wasn't it last year that some officiating crew got sued by the parent's of a kid who didn't get the full 3 minute warm-up and pulled a muscle (or something like that?) We talked about it in our association last year and all determined that regardless, they would all get the mandatory 3 minute period.
Yeah, that's all we need is some stupid lawsuit because you only let the players warmup for 2 and one-half minutes when the book says three.
Old Mon Oct 06, 2003, 08:25pm
Do not give a damn!!

Red face

Quote:

That doesn't have anything to do with a rules discussion where NFHS rules are being used. The rule is the rule. the 3 minute rule exists in all NFHS states, whether they follow it or not.
The rules are always the rules, but there is the NF Rules and there is reality.

Quote:

You've mistakenly argued a point before, then when it was pointed out that you were wrong, you say, "Oh, well...that's the rules in Illnois." Bull$hit!
No Tony, I am actually agreeing with you. But I seem to understand that states (worked in more than one in my career) have different expectations and practices that might be not exactly what is in the NF Rulebook. Part of the reason is the NF does not spell out everything and how everything should be handled. And I do not know if this is the way everyone does it, but were were told to not run the 3:00 minutes until the players are all on the field. Maybe because liability is local. But that is how we were instructed to do it. Mainly because there were many crews doing different things. The state wanted more uniformity, no different than how we were told to run and control the sidelines this year. And yes, that is an Illinois rule. And these procedures come from someone that is on the NF Football Committee.

Quote:

I know what this rule is, never said it wasn't the rule. We've just been told that we're not to concern ourselves with it since it isn't an issue within the game.
Never said you did not know what the rule is, just find it interesting that you seem to understand that a state can come up with their own procedure. Especially considering your previous statements. Nevermind that, whatever a state comes up with, can and will affect the game. Because it might determine when and how you throw a flag if a team is late. And that team being late might be different depending on the procedure that state has in place. And if you think I am making it up, ask any official that does a playoff in my state and see what they get in the mail about how to run their game?

Peace
Old Mon Oct 06, 2003, 08:44pm
Official Forum Member

Many times a team comes out early and the other comes out right at the tail end of the halftime.
The 3 minutes starts when the last team has come out. The first team may have been already a minute or more into the warmup. Both teams get 3 minutes, its just that one really gets more time. I don't see any problem with that.
Old Tue Oct 07, 2003, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

in INDIANA

Just got word from our supervisor (head) of our association. He stated the directive we recieved 3 yrs ago is that teams be afforded the 3 minutes. If they choose to saty in the locker room, so be it, but the 3 min has been offered to them.

They might be warming up in there. Get your 1/2 time to 0:00. Immed. put 3 min on , run it to zero. Kick off. End of story. he is a lawyer, claims that we provided the time for it. No chancew of us begin caught up in the legal mess. It is the coaches responsibility to be on the field, not ours. We just need to provide the time.