The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Officials at halftime (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/99605-officials-halftime.html)

hbk314 Sat Mar 28, 2015 07:26pm

Officials at halftime

The Wisconsin - Arizona game made me wonder what kind of discussions take place at halftime. The game was officiated in a completely different way after halftime.

Rich Sat Mar 28, 2015 07:27pm

Final Four. Go Badgers. #fanboy

hbk314 Sat Mar 28, 2015 07:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 959442)
Final Four. Go Badgers. #fanboy

lol. I'm happy too, but there were so many more fouls called in the second half.

scrounge Sat Mar 28, 2015 07:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbk314 (Post 959443)
lol. I'm happy too, but there were so many more fouls called in the second half.

Probably because Ariz finally started attacking the middle more and going after Kaminsky a bit.I thought it was called tight but fairly consistently.

hbk314 Sat Mar 28, 2015 08:21pm

Anyone have the first half vs second half foul numbers?

Rich Sat Mar 28, 2015 08:23pm

I'll see what I can find. 22-21 Arizona for the game. Wisconsin averages 12 fouls a game, best in the country.

Rich Sat Mar 28, 2015 08:30pm

11-9 Wisconsin. So the second half was 12-11 Arizona. Not a big swing. And a couple of the AZ fouls were end-of-game, although Miller waited way too long, IMO.

johnny d Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbk314 (Post 959441)
The Wisconsin - Arizona game made me wonder what kind of discussions take place at halftime. The game was officiated in a completely different way after halftime.

In a college game, where the hottest cheerleaders, coeds, or celebrity fans located.

mutantducky Sun Mar 29, 2015 01:08am

I think the Arizona coach with all his yelling and gesturing was getting to them. So they decided to call some more fouls.

hottest cheerleaders. hmmm
btw, does Notre Dame have cheerleaders? I can't recall seeing them.

hbk314 Sun Mar 29, 2015 01:19am

I feel like this plays into what was brought up in this thread. Wisconsin's last two games have been called really tight, but the 2nd half foul counts in the ND-UK game tonight with 10 left to play were UK: 3 and ND: 0.

APG Sun Mar 29, 2015 01:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mutantducky (Post 959463)
I think the Arizona coach with all his yelling and gesturing was getting to them. So they decided to call some more fouls.

Jesus Christ mutant

http://www.flickfilosopher.com/wptes...2/facepalm.gif

mutantducky Sun Mar 29, 2015 01:30am

Glib Glib

I was kind of joking. But that Arizona coach was getting them annoyed. The refs gave both coaches a warning but it was really Miller who they wanted to shut-up.

btw, off-topic but I want to say congratulations to the teams in the California state finals. Best teams in all the nation. As many of you know California is far and away the most fantastic basketball in all the land, and they showed it again tonight. St Mary's of Stockton and Mater Dei girls game was my personal favorite.

Nevadaref Sun Mar 29, 2015 02:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbk314 (Post 959443)

That is complete bullsh*t. You are a lying fanboy. And the proof is below.
Quote:

Originally Posted by hbk314 (Post 959450)
Anyone have the first half vs second half foul numbers?

There were 20 fouls called in the first half and 23 in the second half.
That is certainly not "so many more." You should post a public apology to the officials admitting that you were wrong.

Nevadaref Sun Mar 29, 2015 02:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mutantducky (Post 959466)
Glib Glib

I was kind of joking. But that Arizona coach was getting them annoyed. The refs gave both coaches a warning but it was really Miller who they wanted to shut-up.

btw, off-topic but I want to say congratulations to the teams in the California state finals. Best teams in all the nation. As many of you know California is far and away the most fantastic basketball in all the land, and they showed it again tonight. St Mary's of Stockton and Mater Dei girls game was my personal favorite.

The CA State Finals were amazing this year. There were 12 games. Six boys, six girls. Open and divisions 1 (largest schools) through 5 (smallest schools).
Three of them went 2OT and the boys Open was decided by 1pt in OT.
I won't compare the level of play with other states around the country, but I will say that the competition was great and the games were very enjoyable for those involved. Btw NorCal won 6 and SoCal won 6.

bob jenkins Sun Mar 29, 2015 07:27am

First official: "Hey -- anything we need to discuss?"

Second official: "Yeah -- what can we change so hbk and mutantducky will make some really stupid comments about the officiating?"

Third official: "It doesn't matter. They will anyway."