Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 06, 2015, 03:28pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jTheUmp View Post
What if the coach was 6'9"?
Only 2 coaches have ever caused me to take pause, Bryant Stith (HS coach) and Buck Williams (AAU coach).
Old Fri Feb 06, 2015, 04:23pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Obvious ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy341a View Post
Last night issued a coach a T for excessive complaining. I was T in front of his bench. With in seconds of hitting my whistle while I was turning around he said "Really? You have little man syndrome." It was said above conversational volume but not a scream. Do you issue the second T here?
"Coach, you're going to need your jacket, because it's going to be really cold sitting in the bus."
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Fri Feb 06, 2015, 08:16pm
Official Forum Member

With out a doubt, throw him out!

You can call me The Riddler from now on.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2015, 01:35am
Official Forum Member

Gotsta, gotsta, gotsta go

Since I am sure whatever he did to earn the T was not the first time he piped up he would get no leeway for the second comment. He's ejected.

A coach better get under control real quick after the first whack because the second will come out real fast, especially if he keeps argueing, acting a fool, or gets personal.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2015, 08:11am
Official Forum Member

Really a HTBT kind of moment, but odds are I would have issued the second T. That's a magic word (actually, words in this case) that I can't ignore. Though I might if his team was behind by 30 pts late in game or some other factor like that. Hard to say for sure when I wasn't there the whole game.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2015, 08:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Really a HTBT kind of moment, but odds are I would have issued the second T. That's a magic word (actually, words in this case) that I can't ignore. Though I might if his team was behind by 30 pts late in game or some other factor like that. Hard to say for sure when I wasn't there the whole game.
There are no mitigating factors which allow a coach to make a derogatory, personal comment about an official. Not penalizing this only teaches the coach that he can disrespect that official.
Old Sat Feb 07, 2015, 09:25am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
There are no mitigating factors which allow a coach to make a derogatory, personal comment about an official. Not penalizing this only teaches the coach that he can disrespect that official.
Agreed. I don't get the mindset that allows coaches extra rope because they're bad coaches or have bad players (down by 30). Those guys should be extra focused on their players, not us.

Nor do I get the idea of letting them get away with everything but throwing a chair onto the court just because you think it's obviously they "want to get thrown out." If they want to get thrown out, throw them out. 1. Your game will be better. 2. More importantly, you're not letting them get away with unsporting behavior.