The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Kentucky-Belmont Women 2:40 left in game Continuous Motion (Video) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/98850-kentucky-belmont-women-2-40-left-game-continuous-motion-video.html)

frezer11 Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZonaZebra (Post 947029)
If a player travels on a continuation play then the goal could not count, is that correct? Of course, the player would then be entitled to two free throws, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 947031)
Yes. Yes.

While I do agree with your response, I'm not sure I've ever actually seen a foul on a shot/drive which was followed by a travel and attempt, that got waved off, yet 2 free throws were awarded. I understand and agree with the intent of the rule, I'm just not sure I've ever seen, and I know I've never called it. Have you or anyone called this, or called it often??

bainsey Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:24am

Foxtrot, Lima, Oscar, Papa.

jeschmit Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:53am

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TmolqFC_oEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

just another ref Wed Dec 17, 2014 01:11am

I still see a foul. I still don't see how you count the basket.

Nevadaref Wed Dec 17, 2014 02:37am

Blocking foul for really poor acting, no travel, and count the basket, plus award one FT as this gives the defender the maximum punishment.

Can you tell that I don't like attempts to deceive the officials?

Camron Rust Wed Dec 17, 2014 03:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by just another ref (Post 947073)
I still see a foul. I still don't see how you count the basket.

From this angle, it is much easier to tell. If you call that foul, you can not also award the shot.

just another ref Wed Dec 17, 2014 03:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 947076)
From this angle, it is much easier to tell. If you call that foul, you can not also award the shot.

agreed

Camron Rust Wed Dec 17, 2014 03:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by frezer11 (Post 947065)
While I do agree with your response, I'm not sure I've ever actually seen a foul on a shot/drive which was followed by a travel and attempt, that got waved off, yet 2 free throws were awarded. I understand and agree with the intent of the rule, I'm just not sure I've ever seen, and I know I've never called it. Have you or anyone called this, or called it often??

Yep...called it 2-3 times over 20+ years.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Wed Dec 17, 2014 08:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeschmit (Post 947072)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TmolqFC_oEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


From that angle I see a block. But W3 was still dribbling the ball when the foul occured.

MTD, Sr.

Pantherdreams Wed Dec 17, 2014 08:20am

From the tape:

If its in may game its probably a no call and count the hoop.

If I am calling a foul its a block on the defender and ball out of bounds.

walt Wed Dec 17, 2014 08:59am

At full speed I see a block for the defender's left knee contact and reroute of the B/H. Also at full speed I thought she had not ended her dribble. She does catch it right after the contact so i can see why the continuation. IMHO, she had not completed the dribble and should have been ball out of bounds on the endline to white. I talked with one of the partners on the game and he told me they were all fine with the call. In fact they thought it was "an easy one" and were fine with the continuous motion ruling.

zm1283 Wed Dec 17, 2014 09:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by just another ref (Post 947073)
I still see a foul. I still don't see how you count the basket.

Same thing I thought when seeing that angle from the endline.

JRutledge Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:04am

I do not even see a foul. I see a flop that hardly resulted in any contact. The dribbler kept going and did not seem to be altered in any way because of the contact.

Peace


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1