The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   College referees disciplined (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/98571-college-referees-disciplined.html)

Raymond Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tio (Post 942723)
Right, but not future assignments. They were looking at schedules for this year and likely have been doing this for quite awhile.

Boroski is also a lower division supervisor, possible he was looking up schedules of some of his officials?

AremRed Fri Oct 31, 2014 05:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 942733)
Boroski is also a lower division supervisor

He is? What conference?

Raymond Fri Oct 31, 2014 07:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 942764)
He is? What conference?

Per the article, but it didn't specify.

Rich Sat Nov 01, 2014 09:28am

It wouldn't surprise me if officials assigned to a game were paid different amounts based on how in-demand they are. That would not be information people would want shared.

JRutledge Sat Nov 01, 2014 01:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 942777)
It wouldn't surprise me if officials assigned to a game were paid different amounts based on how in-demand they are. That would not be information people would want shared.

There is a tier system in many conferences. This is usually well known by everyone involved. Everyone knew the big time guys like Tommy O'Neil, Ed Hightower or Steve Welmer were getting the bigger checks to work a mid-major conference. I am sure some would not want this to be known, but it was not a big deal either. The fact they hacked into the system is bad enough.

Peace

The_Rookie Sat Nov 01, 2014 05:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 942798)
. The fact they hacked into the system is bad enough.

Peace

One of the guys in article mentioned lawyering up!...As Independent Contractors, what could he sue for? Employees can sue for wrongful termination, we work at the behest of supervisors/assignors..right?

JRutledge Sat Nov 01, 2014 05:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Rookie (Post 942802)
One of the guys in article mentioned lawyering up!...As Independent Contractors, what could he sue for? Employees can sue for wrongful termination, we work at the behest of supervisors/assignors..right?

I am sure he could sue for defamation or some association where he was not involved. It is possible that not everyone was responsible for this incident. And if games are cost because it is said they were involved, that is a good reason to sue or to have some legal advice to proceed.

Peace

Kansas Ref Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:01pm

Well I can say with 100 0/0 certainty that if by some cosmic coincidence I became privy to all Arbiter accts I would never use it!

Nevadaref Thu Nov 06, 2014 02:51pm

Gambling could be a concern of the conferences and NCAA if someone has unauthorized access to future assignments of officials.

AremRed Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:19pm

I have heard from a reliable source that the officials in question have lost all of their Consortium games (Big 10, MAC, and Summit). Probably 60-70% of their schedules.

Referee24.7 Sat Nov 08, 2014 02:30am

I think the major concern is the fact that if the allegations are found to be true, they basically got unauthorized access to a site(s) that they don't have permission to, so that almost basically constitutes to hacking in the site, and that has criminally federal ramifications. . .

I'm no politician, but invading someone's privacy (such as personal info like SS numbers and other things) is a scary thing.

Just my barely $.02 cents worth on it. . .

BillyMac Sat Nov 08, 2014 08:34am

I Think That The Nigerian Prince Has It ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Referee24.7 (Post 943232)
Just my barely $.02 cents worth on it.

Sorry. Somebody hacked into your account and that two cents is long gone. And now you have to pay a $35.00 overdraft fee.