The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jun 17, 2014, 07:42am
Courageous When Prudent

NBA Finals Game 5 video requests (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple Sports View Post

BNR - we know you are breaking down his tape trying to find a mistake....

Battista said he was 100 % in both games !!!!!
Hmmm, I don't know about that. I saw a play that could use some video breakdown in the 1st quarter. Also want to see Battier's offensive foul.
  • 6:54 Foster comes from Lead to call foul on Parker. Seems like Mauer had an open look.
  • 4:39 Triple whistle on Battier offensive foul. Foster & Davis come with fists, Mauer has last whistle but takes call, going directly to signal.

Last edited by Raymond; Tue Jun 17, 2014 at 07:45am.
Old Tue Jun 17, 2014, 09:07pm
Official Forum Member

Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Tue Jun 17, 2014, 10:10pm
AremRed

Play 1: Good call, looks like Parker hits Allen's arm

Play 2: First foul I see is on Battier for jumping into Ginobili trying to set a screen
Old Tue Jun 17, 2014, 10:26pm
Courageous When Prudent

1) I need a JetMet super slo-mo for this one. I think Parker gets the ball. I was more interested in seeing if Mauer had the open look for this foul.

2) Agree there's a foul on Battier. Looks like Mauer was on-ball, then blew his whistle after Foster was already coming in with his fist up.
Old Wed Jun 18, 2014, 07:57am
Official Forum Member

1) I thought Parker missed everything (arm and ball). But even with the video its not clear to me and Foster would have had a decent angle to make that call.

2) It looks like they missed the first foul for the illegal screen. Having missed that, I saw fouls by both players holding/pushing in the lane. I wonder what Davis and Foster would have had if Mauer hadn't gone offensive. Mauer was the only one who would have seen the initial foul on the illegal screen. Going back to a recent discussion on double fouls, this would be a prime example for me of one where I could justify a double foul (again, assuming the initial contact was missed).
Old Wed Jun 18, 2014, 08:17am
Official Forum Member

I think Foster is calling a blocking foul on Parker rather than the swipe by Parker...that's the only way he could justify not awarding Parker two shots.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Old Wed Jun 18, 2014, 09:18am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
I think Foster is calling a blocking foul on Parker rather than the swipe by Parker...that's the only way he could justify not awarding Parker two shots.
I'm sure MultiSport appreciates this bailout, but I don't see it...LOL
Old Wed Jun 18, 2014, 07:43pm
Courageous When Prudent

there was also a lower defensive block play in the second quarter. I want to see the replay just to see Scott Foster do his signals. when I get home, I will look up the time. Also, I believe they charge the foul to the wrong person.
Old Wed Jun 18, 2014, 08:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
there was also a lower defensive block play in the second quarter. I want to see the replay just to see Scott Foster do his signals. when I get home, I will look up the time. Also, I believe they charge the foul to the wrong person.
Lower defensive box

The play you're referencing, if I remember correctly was a play that had whistles from Marc Davis and Scott Foster. Marc called a foul on contacted that happened before the block/charge. He was just a little slow (maybe even a bit late) on his whistle. Foster then comes in with the RA block.

Old Wed Jun 18, 2014, 11:58pm
Official Forum Member

Keep digging BNR, Foster is correct call all day long......

If you keep this up you could be barred from entering the DMV for life....

APG set him straight !!!!
Old Thu Jun 19, 2014, 07:17am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Lower defensive box

The play you're referencing, if I remember correctly was a play that had whistles from Marc Davis and Scott Foster. Marc called a foul on contacted that happened before the block/charge. He was just a little slow (maybe even a bit late) on his whistle. Foster then comes in with the RA block.
I believe the play in question is at 4:48 of the FIRST QUARTER, not the 2nd quarter like I thought.
Old Fri Jun 20, 2014, 12:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Quote:
I believe the play in question is at 4:48 of the FIRST QUARTER, not the 2nd quarter like I thought.

Old Fri Jun 20, 2014, 06:54am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Foul was charged to Lewis, which means Davis took the call. But interesting seeing Foster come in and do a full set of signals indicating an RA foul on Battier.

Last edited by Raymond; Fri Jun 20, 2014 at 03:09pm.
Old Fri Jun 20, 2014, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Foul was charged to Lewis, which means Davis took the call. But interesting seeing Foster come in and do a full set of signals indicating an LDB foul on Battier.
For clarification sake, this is an RA play. The lower defensive box (LDB) does not come into play on this particular play. If this play had originated in the LDB, then Battier would have been legal defender as the RA wouldn't have come into play.