The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Mandated Wear (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/97604-mandated-wear.html)

VACaller Mon Mar 24, 2014 01:15pm

Mandated Wear

Just curious if any of you are in a state (other than VA) that the state high school body has mandated your uniform requirements, in our case our shirts?

Raymond Mon Mar 24, 2014 01:17pm

You're late to this party....LOL

VACaller Mon Mar 24, 2014 01:20pm

What's the thread that I'm missing out on?

bballref3966 Mon Mar 24, 2014 01:20pm

Schsl

The South Carolina High School League has mandated a special shirt beginning this past season.

SK14SC South Carolina Sublimated Basketball V-Neck - Cliff Keen Athletic

APG Mon Mar 24, 2014 01:25pm

I would say almost all states mandate uniform requirements, including shirts. It's just that most states mandate the familiar thin stripes as opposed to the wide stripes that VA is mandating next year.

Raymond Mon Mar 24, 2014 01:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VACaller (Post 928619)
What's the thread that I'm missing out on?

http://forum.officiating.com/basketb...tml#post918592

VACaller Mon Mar 24, 2014 01:29pm

Did they explain the reason for it? Was there any objections to the mandate by the local boards?

LRZ Mon Mar 24, 2014 01:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballref3966 (Post 928620)
The South Carolina High School League has mandated a special shirt beginning this past season.

SK14SC South Carolina Sublimated Basketball V-Neck - Cliff Keen Athletic

Some shoulders! IMO, that is one ugly shirt.

VACaller Mon Mar 24, 2014 01:39pm

Thanks!

Raymond Mon Mar 24, 2014 01:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VACaller (Post 928625)
Did they explain the reason for it? Was there any objections to the mandate by the local boards?

One of my boards wasn't happy. I don't know how or if it was addressed to Ms. Sisson and et al in Charlottesville.

Camron Rust Mon Mar 24, 2014 02:01pm

Yes... Black/White stripes, no side panel, are mandated.

rockyroad Mon Mar 24, 2014 02:50pm

We had officials pulled off the floor at State tournaments because they were wearing the wide-panel shirt (after specifically being told not to wear them) as they are not the mandated uniform.

Nevadaref Mon Mar 24, 2014 02:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 928656)
We had officials pulled off the floor at State tournaments because they were wearing the wide-panel shirt (after specifically being told not to wear them) as they are not the mandated uniform.

Please elaborate.
Pulled off the floor prior to the game and instructed to change shirts? If so, how does someone see that in the ten seconds prior tip-off after jackets are removed?
Pulled off during the first half?
Were the original officials allowed to complete the game or was someone else subbed into the spot?

rockyroad Mon Mar 24, 2014 03:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 928660)
Please elaborate.
Pulled off the floor prior to the game and instructed to change shirts? If so, how does someone see that in the ten seconds prior tip-off after jackets are removed?
Pulled off during the first half?
Were the original officials allowed to complete the game or was someone else subbed into the spot?

One was pulled off before the tip and the game was delayed for about 3 minutes while he went and changed. That was the first day. We were all reminded not to wear those shirts (we had already been informed several times). Later that day, a different official was pulled off about 3 minutes into the game and the Alternate finished the first quarter. Second day, first guy tried it again and was pulled off the court and the alternate worked the remainder of the game (I did not witness the third situation).

Rich Mon Mar 24, 2014 03:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 928669)
One was pulled off before the tip and the game was delayed for about 3 minutes while he went and changed. That was the first day. We were all reminded not to wear those shirts (we had already been informed several times). Later that day, a different official was pulled off about 3 minutes into the game and the Alternate finished the first quarter. Second day, first guy tried it again and was pulled off the court and the alternate worked the remainder of the game (I did not witness the third situation).

Sounds like an official who should never get another invitation.