The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   block/charge/no call? (Video) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/97496-block-charge-no-call-video.html)

jeremy341a Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:26am

block/charge/no call? (Video)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MK2vvofMXnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

Indianaref Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:29am

If college game, which I suspect, appears to be a block.

JRutledge Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:29am

I do not know if there is contact or he fell out of the way. Bad angle and and official is standing right there as well.

Man, you got to get some better videos. :D

Peace

Raymond Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:49am

A block if anything. But it's possible there was minimal contact as A1 did not seem to be effected.

Based on were these videos are coming from, and chance we'll see Camron, rookiedude, or rockyroad in any of these clips?

jeremy341a Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 926858)
Man, you got to get some better videos. :D

Peace

I'll try but remember I'm still a rookie here compared to most so cut me some slack. However I will do your laundry as that is what new guys are for right? ;)

JRutledge Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy341a (Post 926880)
I'll try but remember I'm still a rookie here compared to most so cut me some slack. However I will do your laundry as that is what new guys are for right? ;)

Np. Just saying many of these videos are hard to see things. We love videos if you have not noticed, but usually they are better quality. ;)

Peace

jeremy341a Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 926882)
Np. Just saying many of these videos are hard to see things. We love videos if you have not noticed, but usually they are better quality. ;)

Peace

I will do better! :D I just have to keep myself from watching them in the first place so I don't get curious.

Welpe Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 926882)

Peace

I know one thing is for sure, we are getting spoiled. :cool:

JRutledge Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 926891)
I know one thing is for sure, we are getting spoiled. :cool:

Yes we are.

Peace

bainsey Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:50am

Thinking NFHS rule set, you can make a case the defender had LGP almost immediately before the shooter left the floor, but that's a tough one to make in real time, particularly with A-2 trying to screen him.

Looking at another angle, BNR makes a fair point that A1 wasn't affected, but considering the defender went down, how much of a foul call is about RSBQ and how much of it is simply to say "knock it off"? (Granted, that's more about hand-checking than a blocking foul.)

rockyroad Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 926873)
A block if anything. But it's possible there was minimal contact as A1 did not seem to be effected.

Based on were these videos are coming from, and chance we'll see Camron, rookiedude, or rockyroad in any of these clips?

Speaking for myself, I hope not! :D

walt Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:03pm

Based on the video angle, and that it looks to me like minimal contact, I have a fall out by the defender and a no call.

#olderthanilook Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:05pm

Looks like a 50/50. But, there must be a whistle on that at the h.s. varsity level.

Adam Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by #olderthanilook (Post 926902)
Looks like a 50/50. But, there must be a whistle on that at the h.s. varsity level.

Why? Defense is responsible for the contact, the shooter is not in any way affected. No-call seems appropriate.

twocentsworth Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:44pm

NCAA-M - block
NFHS - charge.

IMHO, the reason the Lead didn't blow his whistle was because he didn't know what to call. The only official that should have blown his whistle - the Lead - was probably surprised by the play.

This play MUST have a whistle.