The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Congrats to Tomegun! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/97381-congrats-tomegun.html)

Zoochy Wed Feb 26, 2014 01:27pm

you da man!

BillyMac Wed Feb 26, 2014 05:06pm

Congratulations, Have Fun ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoochy (Post 924802)
You da man!

Boom goes the dynamite. Wait? I'm being told ... What? But I thought we were posting things that guys yell out? No? Alright. Never mind.

SCalScoreKeeper Wed Feb 26, 2014 05:20pm

way to go Tomegun :) is there streaming footage of this game available?

Nevadaref Wed Feb 26, 2014 05:20pm

To those who asked: the favorites to be in this boys final are Canyon Springs of north Las Vegas and Bishop Gorman.
CS is public and has an enrollment of just over 2600 although under the current NV system any school over 1200 is put in D1. There are currently four divisions. There has been talk of creating a fifth for the biggest schools, perhaps over 1800 or 2000 but that hasn't happened yet.
Gorman is private and has won the State championship for the past few years. Maxpreps ranks them 20th in the country.

stripes Wed Feb 26, 2014 05:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 924777)
I don't think it's Tom's first rodeo, but that doesn't make it any less of an accomplishment.

My apologies...I read the initial post too quickly. IMO, that only enhances the honor.

Adam Wed Feb 26, 2014 06:15pm

Way to go, Tom!

Stat-Man Wed Feb 26, 2014 08:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 924747)
I think someone else on this list is working the state finals in WI.

Congrats to all who are working post season, or working the "next level" for the first time.

My sentiments exactly. Congratulations, and have fun. :)

tomegun Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:10pm

Thanks everyone! This isn't my first time, but I NEVER take something like this for granted.

I am not sure about streaming for the game; Nevada (the state) seems to be kind of behind for that. Maybe Nevada (the forum member) knows more about it.

Raymond Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 924839)
To those who asked: the favorites to be in this boys final are Canyon Springs of north Las Vegas and Bishop Gorman.
CS is public and has an enrollment of just over 2600 although under the current NV system any school over 1200 is put in D1. There are currently four divisions. There has been talk of creating a fifth for the biggest schools, perhaps over 1800 or 2000 but that hasn't happened yet.
Gorman is private and has won the State championship for the past few years. Maxpreps ranks them 20th in the country.

I didn't think there were enough schools in Nevada to have 5 divisions. I lived in Vegas from '93-98, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody were to say the number of high schools in the Vegas Valley has doubled since that time.

BTW, that was well before my officiating days, I was one of the Wreck players tomegun was officiating back then.

Nevadaref Thu Feb 27, 2014 07:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomegun (Post 924849)
Thanks everyone! This isn't my first time, but I NEVER take something like this for granted.

I am not sure about streaming for the game; Nevada (the state) seems to be kind of behind for that. Maybe Nevada (the forum member) knows more about it.

I will see what I can find out. Btw I will be around for tomorrow's semis.
See you then!
(Note: He also has a State semi on the girls side. NV uses a Final Four format. The last four teams in each Division make up the teams at the State tournament. Everything prior to that is classified as Regionals.)

Nevadaref Thu Feb 27, 2014 03:48pm

Nevada State tournament games streaming video

NIAA - Streaming live high school sporting events from NFHS Network

Go to the above link and pick the games from the schedule.
The semis start today at 3pm local time (6pm Eastern).
Tomegun will work the 3rd game of the 4 today.

walt Thu Feb 27, 2014 03:59pm

Way to go Tom!:D

SCalScoreKeeper Thu Feb 27, 2014 04:02pm

Good luck tonight Tomegun! anyone else working today?

SCalScoreKeeper Thu Feb 27, 2014 06:37pm

Game 1 underway from the NIAA tournament in Reno

BillyMac Thu Feb 27, 2014 06:45pm

A Day Late, A Dime Short ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper (Post 924976)
Game 1 underway from the NIAA tournament in Reno

Damn. I didn't turn in my brackets.