The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Fastbreak Foul (Video) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/97099-fastbreak-foul-video.html)

APG Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:27pm

Fastbreak Foul (Video)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/e1eSYPeF_iM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Upgrading nor not? INT/FF1 or Flagrant/FF2?

tjones1 Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:30pm

Appears to be a Fed game... I'm going with INT.

Looks like both L and C had it.

JRutledge Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:33pm

Intentional or Flagrant 1 all the way at the very least. Game situation could dictate if I feel it is a FF2 or Flagrant foul or not.

Peace

APG Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:33pm

I'm going flagrant foul/FF2 on this.

JRutledge Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by APG (Post 919735)
I'm going flagrant foul/FF2 on this.

You beat me to it. I saw before the edit. :D

Peace

MD Longhorn Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:37pm

FF2 - go away now, kid.

Rich Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:41pm

Flagrant / FF2.

rockyroad Thu Jan 23, 2014 01:05pm

Flagrant...FF2 in NCAA. Bye-bye...

Initial contact was a hit to the shooters face/head. No way we can just go INT on that kind of play.

j51969 Thu Jan 23, 2014 01:28pm

Eject, Eject, Eject. This is a no brainer for me. You leave this kid in and you are asking for retaliation. Even if the video makes it look worse than it was the violent nature of his action, and intent would do it for me. Does anyone know what if they went with intentional or upgraded to flagrant?

Camron Rust Thu Jan 23, 2014 03:33pm

No less than Int/FF1...possibly more depending on factors leading up to that.

HawkeyeCubP Thu Jan 23, 2014 03:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 919764)
No less than Int/FF1...possibly more depending on factors leading up to that.

I'm in this camp. Can't clearly see that arm coming down on the head or neck. If I could, I'd probably go with FLAG/FF2.

HokiePaul Thu Jan 23, 2014 03:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1 (Post 919733)
Appears to be a Fed game... I'm going with INT.

Looks like both L and C had it.

Agree. Can't speak to the college FF1/2, but in a Fed game, I don't see enough to warrent a flagrant/ejection unless there was something prior that would suggest an intent. It looks like a big guy hustling back and attempting to play the ball. Easy Intentional though given the amount of contact.

JRutledge Thu Jan 23, 2014 04:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by j51969 (Post 919746)
Eject, Eject, Eject. This is a no brainer for me. You leave this kid in and you are asking for retaliation. Even if the video makes it look worse than it was the violent nature of his action, and intent would do it for me. Does anyone know what if they went with intentional or upgraded to flagrant?

You could have retaliation anyway. That should not be just our decision making process. And that is why I would like to know what kind of game we have had up until that point. It might be a flagrant, but I am not seeing anything alone that suggest the player was not trying to play the ball or make a basketball play. It was not great, but sometimes players make bad plays, does not mean it is savage in nature that requires an ejection. Then again I would not be mad at someone for an ejection, it just would not be my first choice based only on what I witnessed here.

Peace

j51969 Thu Jan 23, 2014 04:54pm

:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 919772)
You could have retaliation anyway. That should not be just our decision making process. And that is why I would like to know what kind of game we have had up until that point. It might be a flagrant, but I am not seeing anything alone that suggest the player was not trying to play the ball or make a basketball play. It was not great, but sometimes players make bad plays, does not mean it is savage in nature that requires an ejection. Then again I would not be mad at someone for an ejection, it just would not be my first choice based only on what I witnessed here.

Peace

A fair assessment. I would not make the decison on that. My brain isn't that sharpe;). If something like that does happen after a foul of that sort you can sometimes put a place holder on a play like that.

BillyMac Thu Jan 23, 2014 04:54pm

Double Preliminary Signal ???

In my high school game, intentional (hard) foul.

It's convenient that both the lead, and the center, had to same call. I would hate to think what would happen if they had different calls, with one being the old "heave ho" unofficial signal. As you are all aware, in the Land That Time Forgot, also known as Connecticut, almost all of our games are two person games, so whose call is this?