The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:18pm

Call the supervisor immediately. What happened was totally inappropriate and you need to report it before someone else does.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2013, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Curious, what was the rule that was kicked?
Not exactly a rule ... but apparently what happened is ball in V front court early in second half and jump ball was called, AP arrow indicated H team possession. Unfortunately, H team received the ball to begin the second half and the arrow was not switched. Officials come together and determine arrow is incorrect, ball stays with V team.

During this mess, the shot clock was reset and no one caught it. V team inbounded the ball with a fresh 30 and eventually got a score before she could get anyone's attention. She wanted the crew to wipe the points and completely reset the play. Coach was trying to tell U2 there was a case book play which supported her argument.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2013, 04:01pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMOzebra View Post
Not exactly a rule ... but apparently what happened is ball in V front court early in second half and jump ball was called, AP arrow indicated H team possession. Unfortunately, H team received the ball to begin the second half and the arrow was not switched. Officials come together and determine arrow is incorrect, ball stays with V team.

During this mess, the shot clock was reset and no one caught it. V team inbounded the ball with a fresh 30 and eventually got a score before she could get anyone's attention. She wanted the crew to wipe the points and completely reset the play. Coach was trying to tell U2 there was a case book play which supported her argument.
Wow. Shot clock error, but a minor one.

I wouldn't imagine being able to have a "do-over". Tell me she's talking out of her arse.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2013, 04:56pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Wow. Shot clock error, but a minor one.

I wouldn't imagine being able to have a "do-over". Tell me she's talking out of her arse.
I believe (maybe) that if the error were discovered at some point after the shot clock should have expired and before V scored, then the violation could have been enforced.

Last edited by Raymond; Fri Dec 20, 2013 at 11:15pm.
Old Fri Dec 20, 2013, 11:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I believe (maybe) that if the error were discovered at some after the shot clock should have expired and before V scored, then the violation could have been enforced.
That's my understanding.
Old Sat Dec 21, 2013, 01:33am
beware big brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMOzebra View Post
completely reset the play.
Without spoon feeding you the answer as to what should have been done, I am fairly certain we can all agree that this part is never an option.
Old Sun Dec 22, 2013, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny d View Post
Without spoon feeding you the answer as to what should have been done, I am fairly certain we can all agree that this part is never an option.
No need for any spoon-feeding ... I thought the at the end of my last post would have indicated I thought the H HC was out of her mind thinking that A) this was even an option; or B) that there is actually a case play to support her argument.