The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 08, 2003, 04:06pm
Official Forum Member

This season will be my second year. To prepare I am going to attend the SOWB Camp from the 15th through the 17th of this month.

Does anyone have experience with this camp - and, what can I expect or prepare for?
Old Mon Aug 11, 2003, 09:40am
Official Forum Member

Well, I've never been part of the SOWB camp, that's something they started after I moved away from Seattle. But having been a member there for a long time, and having help taught new officials there for many years, I suspect you will find well-grounded, friendly and professional officials that will definately help you build your skills.

SOWB has one of the best new official development programs, along with a top-notch official ranking/review/recognition processes. I've seen some of the best officials by far come out of that organization.

I think you'll have a very positive experience at a fairly affordable price.
Old Mon Aug 11, 2003, 12:17pm
Esteemed Participant

You will have a variety of different "levels" of feedback - from people who do only HS games up thru small college and all the way to the big-time...I know two of the evaluators there work the Pac-10, and several others do "smaller" D-1 conferences (West Coast, Big Sky, Big West, etc)...you will get quality feedback and instruction...what to expect? You will run you a$$ off (or at least you'd better), and you will learn lots!! It's a great instructional camp and will help you tremendously in your upcoming season...remember the phrase "Yes I understand" while nodding your head...