The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Logo On Jersey (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/96557-logo-jersey.html)

bob jenkins Fri Nov 15, 2013 08:43am

Logo On Jersey

A6 enters the game with (a) two mfg logos on the jersey or (b) one logo that is over-sized.

Ruling:?

j51969 Fri Nov 15, 2013 09:05am

When one of my Soldiers is not in the correct uniform I make them push along with there team leader/squad leader. So the coach along with the offenders owe me 50!:D

WhistlesAndStripes Fri Nov 15, 2013 09:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 910824)
A6 enters the game with (a) two mfg logos on the jersey or (b) one logo that is over-sized.

Ruling:?

NFHS:

A -- Technical FOul on the Head Coach
B -- Technical Foul on the Head Coach

Rule 3-4-2statea that Logos/Flags/patches shall adhere to the following:
a. A Visible manufactureer's logo/trademark/reference is permitted on the team jersey not to exceed 2 1/4 square inches with no dimension more than 2 1/4 inches. The manufacturer's logo may be located nor more than 5 inches below the shoulder seam on the from of the jersey, or 2 inches from the neckline on the back of the jersey; or in either side insert.

10-5-4 -- The head coach shall not permit a team member to participate while wearing an illegal uniform.

So it's a direct T on the HC. He loses coaching box privileges.

j51969 Fri Nov 15, 2013 09:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes (Post 910826)
NFHS:

A -- Technical FOul on the Head Coach
B -- Technical Foul on the Head Coach

Rule 3-4-2statea that Logos/Flags/patches shall adhere to the following:
a. A Visible manufactureer's logo/trademark/reference is permitted on the team jersey not to exceed 2 1/4 square inches with no dimension more than 2 1/4 inches. The manufacturer's logo may be located nor more than 5 inches below the shoulder seam on the from of the jersey, or 2 inches from the neckline on the back of the jersey; or in either side insert.

10-5-4 -- The head coach shall not permit a team member to participate while wearing an illegal uniform.

So it's a direct T on the HC. He loses coaching box privileges.

+1

Are we assuming this is the only guy with the illegal unifom? Or did he get the T to start the game because everyone was illegal?

WhistlesAndStripes Fri Nov 15, 2013 09:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by j51969 (Post 910828)
+1

Are we assuming this is the only guy with the illegal unifom? Or did he get the T to start the game because everyone was illegal?

I was assuming he was the first to enter the game with an illegal jersey on, whether to start or later in the game. One t on the coach no matter how many illegal jerseys on the whole team.

bob jenkins Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:53am

I agree with the two who have responded.

But, see 3.6.1, subpart (c)

PG_Ref Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 910851)
I agree with the two who have responded.

But, see 3.6.1, subpart (c)

Hmmm ... had not noticed this caseplay yet. Is it just me, or does it seem like an inconsistency with the application of the rule?

bob jenkins Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PG_Ref (Post 910853)
Hmmm ... had not noticed this caseplay yet. Is it just me, or does it seem like an inconsistency with the application of the rule?

It's why I posted the play. As written, I think the case play is wrong.

OKREF Fri Nov 15, 2013 01:36pm

I'm not doing anything. I could absolutely care less about the logo. This nit I will never pick.

j51969 Fri Nov 15, 2013 01:43pm

I do not have my book. Can someone please post the case play?

johnny d Fri Nov 15, 2013 01:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKREF (Post 910864)
I'm not doing anything. I could absolutely care less about the logo. This nit I will never pick.

Unfortunately the state where I work has a different view on this issue and does not assign or limits the number of playoff games of officials that refuse to enforce this useless rule.

PG_Ref Fri Nov 15, 2013 02:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by j51969 (Post 910868)
I do not have my book. Can someone please post the case play?

*3.6.1 SITUATION: A6 enters the game with an excessive manufacturer’s or school’s logo on his/her: (a) socks, (b) wristbands or (c) jersey. RULING: Legal in (a). In (b) and (c), A6 may not participate and is directed to return to the bench until legally equipped. COMMENT: The restriction on visible manufacturer’s or school’s logo size is in effect on jerseys, pants/skirts, compression shorts, wristbands and headbands. The shoes and socks are not considered part of the uniform for purpose of visible logo size.

David M Fri Nov 15, 2013 02:22pm

3.6.1 A6 enters the game with an excessive manufacturer's or school's logo on his/her (a) socks, (b) wristbands or (c) jersey. Ruling Legal in (a). In (b) and (c). A6 may not participate and is directed to return to the bench until legall equipped. COMMENT The restrictions on visible manufacturer's or school's logo size is in effect on jerseys, pants/skirts, compression shorts, wristbands and headbands. The shoes and socks are not considered part of the uniform for purpose of visible logo size.

I would think that if one uniform is illegal they all would be. Do you forfeit the game?

Raymond Fri Nov 15, 2013 02:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by David M (Post 910871)
3.6.1 A6 enters the game with an excessive manufacturer's or school's logo on his/her (a) socks, (b) wristbands or (c) jersey. Ruling Legal in (a). In (b) and (c). A6 may not participate and is directed to return to the bench until legall equipped. COMMENT The restrictions on visible manufacturer's or school's logo size is in effect on jerseys, pants/skirts, compression shorts, wristbands and headbands. The shoes and socks are not considered part of the uniform for purpose of visible logo size.

I would think that if one uniform is illegal they all would be. Do you forfeit the game?

By rule you should let them participate and give 1 direct T to the HC.

WhistlesAndStripes Fri Nov 15, 2013 04:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 910873)
By rule you should let them participate and give 1 direct T to the HC.

That's what I'm doing. I have to be able to explain what I've done on the floor against the rule book, not the case book. I'm more than comfortable telling someone that the case book is wrong.