The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Oct 12, 2013, 10:14am
Esteemed Forum Member

Colour My World (Chicago, 1970) ...

I found this NFHS/Referee Power Point online today.

The specifications for leg compression sleeves were added because of the frequent use of these sleeves for non-medical reasons.

The specifications match those of arm compression sleeve.

They must be white, beige, or a single solid school color. The sleeve must be the same color for each team member and have only a single manufacturer's logo that does not exceed 2 1/4 square inches. The sleeve must be worn for medical reasons only.

Arm compression sleeves and leg compression sleeves shall be white, black, beige or a single solid school color. Each team member should wear the same color compression sleeve.

Does this (blue above) mean that the color of arm compression sleeves must match the color of leg compression sleeves?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Oct 12, 2013 at 11:07am.
Old Sat Oct 12, 2013, 11:10am
This IS My Social Life

Now That You're Near...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Does this (blue above) mean that the color of arm compression sleeves must match the color of leg compression sleeves?
That is correct. Cf. 3-5-3b. And check your personal email.
Old Sat Oct 12, 2013, 11:17am
Esteemed Forum Member

Anticipation, Like On Christmas Morning ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
That is correct. Cf. 3-5-3b.
I don't have my 2013-14 rule book yet. I'll get it at our local "interpretation" meeting on Wednesday night.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Old Sat Oct 12, 2013, 11:47am
This IS My Social Life

Cuz I Know You're Itchin'......

Quote:
I don't have my 2013-14 rule book yet. I'll get it at our local "interpretation" meeting on Wednesday night.
3-5-3 . . . Arm and leg compression sleeves shall:
a. Be white, black, beige, or a single solid school color.
b. Be the same color for each team member.
c. Meet the logo requirements in 3-6.
d. Be worn for medical reasons.
Old Sat Oct 12, 2013, 12:12pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Now I'm Less Excited To Go To My Meeting ...

Quote:
Cuz I Know You're Itchin'.
Great. Now you've spoiled it for me. You're probably one of those guys that tells kids that there isn't a Santa Claus. Scrooge. Grinch. Plumber. Yeah. That right. I called you a plumber. Now? What are you gonna do about it? Unclog my drain? Change my clothes washer hoses? Install a new shower head? Wait? Could you send me a quote on installing one of those new "rainwater" shower heads in my master bath? Can I find you on Angie's List?

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Oct 12, 2013 at 03:06pm.
Old Sat Oct 12, 2013, 04:17pm
This IS My Social Life

Typical MS Score: 25 to 6 (or 4)

Quote:
Great. Now you've spoiled it for me. You're probably one of those guys that tells kids that there isn't a Santa Claus. Scrooge. Grinch. Plumber. Yeah. That right. I called you a plumber. Now? What are you gonna do about it? Unclog my drain? Change my clothes washer hoses? Install a new shower head? Wait? Could you send me a quote on installing one of those new "rainwater" shower heads in my master bath? Can I find you on Angie's List?
SPOILER ALERT . . .

COMMENT ON THE 2013-14 RULES CHANGES
LEG COMPRESSION SLEEVE REQUIREMENTS (3-5-3): . . . The specifications match those of arm compression sleeves. They must be white, beige (they don't say "black" here, but they should), or a single solid school color. The sleeve must be the same color for each team member . . .

(EDIT: In retrospect, I don't think that this adds anything to the discussion. Just wanted to give a veiled Chicago reference.)

Last edited by Freddy; Sat Oct 12, 2013 at 04:22pm.
Old Sat Oct 12, 2013, 04:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
SPOILER ALERT . . .

COMMENT ON THE 2013-14 RULES CHANGES
LEG COMPRESSION SLEEVE REQUIREMENTS (3-5-3): . . . The specifications match those of arm compression sleeves. They must be white, beige (they don't say "black" here, but they should), or a single solid school color. The sleeve must be the same color for each team member . . .

(EDIT: In retrospect, I don't think that this adds anything to the discussion. Just wanted to give a veiled Chicago reference.)
Wouldn't it be better located in rule 25-6-4?
Old Sat Oct 12, 2013, 04:51pm
This IS My Social Life

This Makes Me Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
. . . or 6-2-4.
Old Sat Oct 12, 2013, 05:47pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Instigators, That's What You Guys Are, Instigators ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Quote:
. . . or 6-2-4.
That's it. That's all I can stand, and I can't stand no more. You guys are driving me nuts. This is Freddy's payback for me calling him a plumber. Let the moderators delete this, but it will not be my fault, it will be Camron Rust's, and Freddy's, fault. Let's place the blame on the real culprits.

If the moderators don't delete this, you young'uns are in for a real treat, one of the greatest guitar solos of all time.

http://youtu.be/b0fLg17PaRg

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Oct 12, 2013 at 05:57pm.
Old Sat Oct 12, 2013, 05:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Who You Gonna Call ???

So, is this (below) correct on my list of The Most Misunderstood Basketball Rules?

Headbands and wristbands must be white, black, beige or a single solid school color. When wearing headbands and/or wristbands, all team players must wear the same color, i.e., the headband color must match the wristband color. Only a single item may be worn on the head and/or on each wrist. Sweatbands must be worn below the elbow. Rubber, cloth, or elastic bands, of any color, may be used to control hair. Undershirts must be similar in color to the jersey and shall not have frayed or ragged edges. Arm compression sleeves, and leg compression sleeves, must be worn for medical purposes and must be white, black, beige or a single solid school color. When wearing arm compression sleeves, and/or leg compression sleeves, all team players must wear the same color, i.e., the arm compression sleeve color must match the leg compression sleeve color.

Old Sun Oct 13, 2013, 02:41am
C'mon man!!

What about head bands, wrist bands, leg sleeves and arm sleeves? Do they all need to match each other or are wrist/headbands in one color group and compression sleeves in another color group?
Old Sun Oct 13, 2013, 03:19am
This IS My Social Life

Fashion Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
What about head bands, wrist bands, leg sleeves and arm sleeves? Do they all need to match each other or are wrist/headbands in one color group and compression sleeves in another color group?
These items now fall into two categories:
A) Headbands and wristbands are one thing--they must be same color and same color for all.
B) Compression sleeves, whether arm- or leg- are another thing--they must be same color and same color for all.
However, A and B may be different colors, as long as each are white, beige, black, or single solid school color.
Old Sun Oct 13, 2013, 08:26am
Esteemed Forum Member

Well Done Grasshopper ...

Quote:
These items now fall into two categories:
A) Headbands and wristbands are one thing--they must be same color and same color for all.
B) Compression sleeves, whether arm- or leg- are another thing--they must be same color and same color for all.
However, A and B may be different colors, as long as each are white, beige, black, or single solid school color.
Nice synopsis. Let's see if we can get that PDF file on the Forum.

Old Sun Oct 13, 2013, 06:12pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Fashion Police Tutorial ...

Quote:
Let's see if we can get that PDF file on the Forum.
Freddy: I think that I figured how to get this PDF on the Forum (screen print images). Give me a few days, unless you can think of a better way and do it faster. I think that our Forum buddies will get a kick out of this, and learn something. I sent a copy to my interpreter and he likes the educational, and humorous, value in it. Who would have thought that learning Fashion Police rules could be fun? This may move me closer to my goal of becoming an esteemed member.