The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 06:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
I was in the grocery store last night, and saw Rasheed Wallace. I've never seen ANYONE famous here before -- except once when Mark Hatfield was opening a new city park. This neighborhood doesn't usually attract anyone that has any choice. But there he was big as life, and I do mean BIG. The guy is simply huge. Not as thick as I had expected, but tall, tall, tall. Even I, big as I am, felt quite intimidated, and not by his behavior. He was very quiet, polite and civilized. Waited his turn, talking quietly to his friend, and bought his six-pack and left. In a HUGE SUV which was parked right next to my little Mirage. Gives me a new respect for Violet Palmer. I don't think I could stand up to 10 of that size at a time.
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 06:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Gives me a new respect for Violet Palmer. I don't think I could stand up to 10 of that size at a time.
I beleive Mr. Elias had an encounter with Ms. Palmer at camp. Perhaps he will be kind enough to share.

BTW, Chuck is almost half as tall as 'Sheed!

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 06:36pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
[/B]

[/B][/QUOTE]
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 10:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
I beleive Mr. Elias had an encounter with Ms. Palmer at camp. Perhaps he will be kind enough to share.

Just for that, no sharing!! THTHTHThthththtbpbpbpbpbp!!!
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 10:55pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

Quote:
I was in the grocery store last night, and saw Rasheed Wallace. I've never seen ANYONE famous here before --
You mean infamous, don't you?
Old Wed Jul 30, 2003, 02:20am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
[/B]
THTHTHThthththtbpbpbpbpbp!!! [/B][/QUOTE]
To credit this quote properly:

Actually,you left out "Aaack".

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Jul 30th, 2003 at 02:57 AM]
Old Wed Jul 30, 2003, 08:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I was in the grocery store last night, and saw Rasheed Wallace. I've never seen ANYONE famous here before -- except once when Mark Hatfield was opening a new city park. This neighborhood doesn't usually attract anyone that has any choice. But there he was big as life, and I do mean BIG. The guy is simply huge. Not as thick as I had expected, but tall, tall, tall. Even I, big as I am, felt quite intimidated, and not by his behavior. He was very quiet, polite and civilized. Waited his turn, talking quietly to his friend, and bought his six-pack and left. In a HUGE SUV which was parked right next to my little Mirage. Gives me a new respect for Violet Palmer. I don't think I could stand up to 10 of that size at a time.
When I lived in Phoenix, I bowled on the lane next to Cedric Ceballos. You don't realize how tall these guys are, I agree. You see Jordan in a game, at 6'6", with other guys between 6 and 7 feet tall, and he looks like an average guy. You stand next to him in real life, and he is a giant.
Old Wed Jul 30, 2003, 08:15am
Official Forum Member

I saw Rasheed in a convience store in Dallas not long ago. A teenager actually went up to him and ask "How's the weather up there?" Rasheed then proceeded to spit on the youngster and replied' "It's raining !"
Old Wed Jul 30, 2003, 08:18am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Lotto
I worked at Lake Forest College in Illinois for a year, where the Chicago Bears practice. It happened that my apartment was right across the street from the football field. Every morning, the Bears would show up in monster SUVs (the only vehicles that they can fit in comfortably, I imagine!) except for the quarterback, who drove a snazzy sports car.

Refrigerator Perry is even bigger than he looks.
Old Wed Jul 30, 2003, 08:33am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by tnroundballref
A teenager actually went up to him and ask "How's the weather up there?" Rasheed then proceeded to spit on the youngster and replied' "It's raining !"
I'm not denying that this might've happened, but did you see it or just hear about it. The only reason I ask is that this exact same story was reported about Dwayne Schintzes right before his rookie season in the NBA.

It wouldn't surprise me if Rasheed did it too. I'm just curious.
Old Wed Jul 30, 2003, 08:48am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Rasheed must have taken note from the "one finger wonder".
Old Wed Jul 30, 2003, 09:35am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by tnroundballref
A teenager actually went up to him and ask "How's the weather up there?" Rasheed then proceeded to spit on the youngster and replied' "It's raining !"
I'm not denying that this might've happened, but did you see it or just hear about it. The only reason I ask is that this exact same story was reported about Dwayne Schintzes right before his rookie season in the NBA.

It wouldn't surprise me if Rasheed did it too. I'm just curious.
The original story was credited to Wilt Chamberlain way back in the early 60's.It seems to surface again every few years.
Old Wed Jul 30, 2003, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by A Pennsylvania Coach
Quote:
When I lived in Phoenix, I bowled on the lane next to Cedric Ceballos. You don't realize how tall these guys are, I agree. You see Jordan in a game, at 6'6", with other guys between 6 and 7 feet tall, and he looks like an average guy. You stand next to him in real life, and he is a giant.
PA Coach - send me an email - we may know one another!

Several years ago, I worked a HS exhibition game before a Phoenix Suns game. As we were leaving the floor after our game, Karl Malone and Mark Eaton of the Utah Jazz came onto the floor to start warming up.

Malone had the biggest biceps I have ever seen. I am 6'7" tall and about 260 at that time, but Eaton made me look like a small guy. That man was just huge!
Old Wed Jul 30, 2003, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy
I am 6'7" tall and about 260 at that time, but Eaton made me look like a small guy. [/B]
Andy,

I missed the ' (foot indicator) when I first read your post and thought, Man, this guy is round! It makes more sense to know that you're six foot seven, not five foot seven.
Old Wed Jul 30, 2003, 05:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
and bought his six-pack and left.

Way to go, Trailblazers!

I consider it exciting when I see Ben Stein @ the supermarket - of course, I don't think he could beat up anyone.