The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Chuck --

I did see Johnny Dangerously this weekend. My son happened by weird coincidence to bring it with him when he came to visit. I got a big kick out of it, although I wish my 13-year-old son hadn't been sitting through the whole thing. Terrific spoof, and worth the wait. No that can't be right -- since I never heard of it till last week, I didn't have to wait very long. I especially enjoyed the scenes in the pet store -- where he's polishing the turtles!! And I realized how old it was when Ray Walston showed up. Best line in the whole movie "My grandmother shot me, once!" And I'm glad "icehole" was the euphemism I picked up. There were several others, I don't think I would have posted here!
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 03:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I love Peter Boyle. I also love the prison grapevine, as well as the fake priest's pseudo-latin. Probius, omnibus, I missed the bus. When's the next bus? Prime meridian, ante meridian, all the little meridians, etc.

Glad you liked it. Since we're already way off topic (and before Brad shifts this thread to the General forum), did you get my correspondence?
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 06:03pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I love Peter Boyle. I also love the prison grapevine, as well as the fake priest's pseudo-latin. Probius, omnibus, I missed the bus. When's the next bus? Prime meridian, ante meridian, all the little meridians, etc.

Glad you liked it. Since we're already way off topic (and before Brad shifts this thread to the General forum), did you get my correspondence?
Yes, and thanks. When the time comes, I'm available to chat about the subject. If you ever get on IM again!

I LOVED that fake Latin too, although I couldn't catch all of it. Very Monty Python-esque. Polly hilarious! "It's the wife!"