The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 03:31am
Official Forum Member

It's been a month now since my last camp finished. It ended on a really good note. I haven't worked any games since. And now, I think I'm going into withdrawl. I find myself calling fouls on the guy in the mirror. I sometimes put on my uniform just to see if it still fits. Occassionally my whistle blows, for no apparant reason.

I wouldn't mind so much, but it's going to be FOREVER until the season starts again. What you do to cope until it's time to work again?
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 06:50am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
It's been a month now since my last camp finished. It ended on a really good note. I haven't worked any games since. And now, I think I'm going into withdrawl. I find myself calling fouls on the guy in the mirror. I sometimes put on my uniform just to see if it still fits. Occassionally my whistle blows, for no apparant reason.

I wouldn't mind so much, but it's going to be FOREVER until the season starts again. What you do to cope until it's time to work again?
Well, Back In The Saddle,
In order to ease the pain, I am attending a Michigan rules meeting this evening.
...Back on the court the beginning of September.
mick
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by mick

...Back on the court the beginning of September.
mick
BITS -- move to Michigan where girls start play in September! Otherwise keep on this board. I have also been running wind sprints at the court in the park across the street, and as I'm racing down the floor, I'm signalling, or practicing stopping on the endline, or practicing looking backward over my shoulder. It helps a lot. The only problem is that I don't think anyone understands what the heck I'm doing, but then that's good practice for the season, too!
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 11:48am
certified Hot Mom tester

Juulie forgot to mention she's assigning (and working) a 3 on 3 tournament next week. It's outdoors in the sun (yes - we do get sun one or two days a decade here in Oregon) so she has to be in shape.

Hey - I just remembered - I'm working it too. Uh-oh! I'd better get my butt off the couch and start thinking about getting back into shape. Where's those Cheetos?
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

I'm jealous of the folks in Michigan! I'm also putting in a lot of time getting in shape for the season. I've dropped about sixty pounds since the start of last season. I want to drop about that much more. It feels great, but I have to admit that my motivation is flagging a bit since I haven't been working games lately.

Oh well, I'll keep hanging out here an living vicariously through those of you that are working
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
I'd better get my butt off the couch and start thinking about getting back into shape.
I'm constantly puzzled by people talking about getting into shape...as if round weren't a shape!
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 01:11pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Quote:
I'd better get my butt off the couch and start thinking about getting back into shape.
I'm constantly puzzled by people talking about getting into shape...as if round weren't a shape!
Mark's got round all sewed up!
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 01:40pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Quote:
Mark's got round all sewed up!
Hey - it's called "spherical" - the desired shape for all couch potatos.
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 02:03pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
I call this the fall duldrums. If you really want to blow a whistle between now and November. Get some knickers and a collard shirt.
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Roden
I call this the fall duldrums. If you really want to blow a whistle between now and November. Get some knickers and a collard shirt.
I'm almost starting to wish that I had decided to work something in addition to basketball. I used to work a lot of baseball, and found myself staring longingly at the ball park lights earlier this summer. LOL, maybe I should get a hobby...but wait, this IS my hobby
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Roden
Get some knickers and a collard shirt.
Will any sort of green shirt do, or does it need to be collard?

Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
BWWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! Love it, Bob!!!!
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 03:11pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

I just finished up by doing a tourney in Indy this weekend. I set my all time record for # of games worked in a single weekend. Fri, Sat and Sunday = 29 games. I was completly dead when we got back into town on Monday morning and had to be at work @ 7AM....thank God I got back to work so I can get some rest. I am actually ready for a break from roundball. I had the opportunity to work close to 200 games this summer, got to meet some great tourney directors, got some great experience but best of all....I enjoyed the comradiry (sp?)with the officals that I traveled with. That was defintely the best part of the summer. I plan on start being a bigger part of the discussions on the board and getting to know some of you better, I dunno if I want to meet Jullie though, she makes me nervous.Only kidding Jullie.
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 03:14pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by tnroundballref
I plan on start being a bigger part of the discussions on the board and getting to know some of you better, I dunno if I want to meet Jullie though, she makes me nervous.
Ah, don't sweat it. Jullie's a doll. It's Juulie that you gotta watch out for!!
Old Tue Jul 29, 2003, 03:24pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Ah, don't sweat it. Jullie's a doll. It's Juulie that you gotta watch out for!! [/B][/QUOTE]

See I already feel humbled by you guys/gals. Thanks for the open arms Chuck !