The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Louisville/Michigan- Natl Championship (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/94738-louisville-michigan-natl-championship.html)

VaTerp Mon Apr 08, 2013 08:32pm

Louisville/Michigan- Natl Championship

Good pace to start the game.

Looks like a missed goaltending call early on.

fortmoney Mon Apr 08, 2013 08:33pm

This game is phys.i.cal.

grunewar Mon Apr 08, 2013 08:35pm

They're certainly "letting em play early."

Triad zebra Mon Apr 08, 2013 08:37pm

Goaltending

Aren't the college and NFHS goaltending rule the same? Does it matter that it touched the backboard?

Adam Mon Apr 08, 2013 08:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triad zebra (Post 889822)
Aren't the college and NFHS goaltending rule the same? Does it matter that it touched the backboard?

No, they're not the same. In college, it matters (if the ball is completely above the rim, too.)

zebraman Mon Apr 08, 2013 09:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortmoney (Post 889820)
This game is phys.i.cal.

I've seen hockey games with less contact. :-)

VaTerp Mon Apr 08, 2013 09:02pm

Badly missed kick ball then a questionable travel after a lot of contact by the Louisville defenders.

deecee Mon Apr 08, 2013 09:05pm

So far this crew ain't doing a good job and the game is starting to get sloppy and out of their control. Very poorly officiated first half.

APG Mon Apr 08, 2013 09:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triad zebra (Post 889822)

No the rules aren't the same. In college, the ball, with a chance to go in, is considered on its downward flight if it's touched the backboard and above the level of the rim. Under NFHS, hitting the backboard doesn't change how you adjudicate this play.

VaTerp Mon Apr 08, 2013 09:05pm

I do like how they addressed Pitino after his pirouette following a questionable foul call. Looked like Michigan #2 had lost ball and was going to floor on his own before contact.

JeffM Mon Apr 08, 2013 09:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaTerp (Post 889829)
I do like how they addressed Pitino after his pirouette following a questionable foul call. Looked like Michigan #2 had lost ball and was going to floor on his own before contact.

I agree.

OKREF Mon Apr 08, 2013 09:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 889821)
They're certainly "letting em play early."

Does this mean one of them goes all Kim Mulkey, and one of these teams complains about how physical it is?

OKREF Mon Apr 08, 2013 09:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaTerp (Post 889826)
Badly missed kick ball then a questionable travel after a lot of contact by the Louisville defenders.

Two nights ago that was a held ball.

zebraman Mon Apr 08, 2013 09:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKREF (Post 889834)
Does this mean one of them goes all Kim Mulkey, and one of these teams complains about how physical it is?

I don't think so. Both teams are just so athletic and physical that I don't see one team getting an unfair advantage. It's very, very physical, but I don't see rough. It's a bitch of a game to ref... right on the edge and so many close decisions to make.

JeffM Mon Apr 08, 2013 09:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaTerp (Post 889826)
a questionable travel after a lot of contact by the Louisville defenders.

I didn't like the travel call either. It came at 4:43 in the first half.