The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Colorado State-Louisville clips (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/94484-colorado-state-louisville-clips.html)

JetMetFan Sun Mar 24, 2013 02:42am

Colorado State-Louisville clips

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jPkWjfexDdg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vd1kf8sFD1s?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AremRed Sun Mar 24, 2013 03:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by twocentsworth (Post 886257)
The player passing the ball inbounds DID move, but certainly stayed w/ in the 3ft radius he is allowed. IMHO, poor call with an incorrect mechanic.

Agree with twocentsworth from the request thread, the player did not move enough to commit a throw-in violation.

BillyMac Sun Mar 24, 2013 07:09am

One Foot Over Three Foot Wide Space ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanwestref (Post 886340)
Agree with twocentsworth from the request thread, the player did not move enough to commit a throw-in violation.

I didn't think that it was even close.

zebraman Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:32am

1) Hard to tell. He did move quite a ways. It might be splitting hairs to call that violation.

2) Bang-bang play. I think the defender had LGP before the shooter went airborne. No problem with a charge call.

JRutledge Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:18am

1. First play was bad mechanics and a bad judgment.

2. I think this was a block. Very close, but I would have called a block I believe.

Peace

zm1283 Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 886377)
1. First play was bad mechanics and a bad judgment.

2. I think this was a block. Very close, but I would have called a block I believe.

Peace

Agree with this. First play was picking a booger.

Camron Rust Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebraman (Post 886366)
1) Hard to tell. He did move quite a ways. It might be splitting hairs to call that violation.

2) Bang-bang play. I think the defender had LGP before the shooter went airborne. No problem with a charge call.

#1. Really? Look at that video again. He shuffled his feet several times never really moved away from his initial spot at all....maybe 1 foot of distance shifted. Look at the marks for the photographers behind him. They're about 2-3 feet in length. He stays right in front of one of them. I'd put money on the official just not knowing that rule and thinking traveling does apply. It wouldn't be the first time.

#2. Agree.

JetMetFan Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 886426)
#1. Really? Look at that video again. He shuffled his feet several times never really moved away from his initial spot at all....maybe 1 foot of distance shifted. Look at the marks for the photographers behind him. They're about 2-3 feet in length. He stays right in front of one of them. I'd put money on the official just not knowing that rule and thinking traveling does apply. It wouldn't be the first time.

Agreed. For me to consider him for moving "a lot," both of his feet would've needed to end up by the 'R' in Rupp Arena.

The_Rookie Sun Mar 24, 2013 02:21pm

Is there a way to download these clips onto my hard drive..so that they can be used as a teaching tool during off season??

Camron Rust Sun Mar 24, 2013 02:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Rookie (Post 886482)
Is there a way to download these clips onto my hard drive..so that they can be used as a teaching tool during off season??

There is, but is isn't always easy.

I had set of 4 bookmarks in my browser that, when clicked, will download the youtube video to be saved in one of 4 resolutions, but they seem to be broken now.

I've found another way....change the URL to the youtube video to Free Download from Rapidshare, FileFactory. Free Download Videos from Youtube, Google, Metacafe - SaveFrom.net and it will take you to a page that will give you several choices of download formats for that video. It looks like it works for a lot more than just YouTube too.

This site also offers a download helper that puts a download button on the youtube page. I've not tried it and don't know if it works or is reliable, however.

UPDATE: Looks like this page supports a bookmarklet too....

Create a new bookmark with whatever name you want and with the URL of

Code:

javascript:(function(){window.open('http://savefrom.net/?url='+encodeURIComponent(location.href)+'&utm_source=bookmarklet&utm_medium=bookmarklet&utm_campaign=bookmarklet');})()
Quote:

javascript:(function(){window.open('http://savefrom.net/?url='+encodeURIComponent(location.href)+'&utm_sou rce=bookmarklet&utm_medium=bookmarklet&utm_campaig n=bookmarklet');})()
When you are on a youtube page (or any of the other supported video sites), and click the above bookmark, it will take you to the download site with the links ready to download the various formats without having to manipulate the url each time.

APG Sun Mar 24, 2013 02:50pm

Quote:

If you use FireFox, there's an add-on called Download Helper...allows you to download all YouTube videos in whatever formats it's available in. I also have the YouTube clips that I post up on my channel if you want to go that route.

JetMetFan Sun Mar 24, 2013 02:51pm

Quote:

I can start a ShareFile trial account and dump the clips there. You'd just have to send me your actual e-mail address (private msg would be fine) and I could send you a link to download the actual files.

ShareFile trials are free for a month so you'd have more than enough time to pick them up.

referee99 Sun Mar 24, 2013 07:00pm

For Mac OSX I use Handbrake. Very good.

Quote:

Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate

Raymond Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 886426)
...I'd put money on the official just not knowing that rule and thinking traveling does apply. It wouldn't be the first time.

He knows the rule, he just kicked the call.

Adam Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanwestref (Post 886340)

While I agree this wasn't enough for me to call the violation, it is not a 3 foot radius as twocentsworth stated. The entire spot is three feet wide, thus about 18 inches on either side.

This play was only close in that his left foot left the spot; but that's not a violation, IMO.