The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 11, 2013, 05:33pm
Administrator

Oh What a Night, Last Night Was!

We (the DeNucci Family: Bonnie Jean, Andy, and MTD, Jr./Sr.) had tickets for the New York Yankees at Cleveland Indians game last night. Great seats too (only $225 including parking).

The gates open at 06:00pm and we take a tour of The Jake (I know, I know, Progressive Field) because that last time I had been to an Indians game was when they played in that wonderful old stadium: Cleveland Municipal Stadium.

The tarp was on the field and never came off the field. First pitch was scheduled for 07:05pm but the game was canceled at 07:55pm. We immediately crossed the plaze between Progressive Field and QuickenLoans Arena and entered the Arena with only two minutes left in the first half (the Pistons at Cavaliers game started at 07:00pm).

We got nose bleed seats ($12.00 each) behind the Pistons basket and watched the Cavs lose, . (This is not a crock of horse manure, but this was the first time I had ever gone to a Cavs game and they lost. Granted the last time I was at a Cavs game was when they were still playing in The Colosseum but still, I was hoping that the magic was still there, .)

The officials for the game were: Nick Buchert (just 7 days shy of his 30th birthday and in his 3rd NBA season), and (wait for it) Bennett Salvatore (63 years young and in his 31st NBA season), and (wait for it longer) Dick Bavetta (73 years young and in his 38th NBA season). My Better Half couldn't believe that there were bald old geezers even older and balder than me still officiating, . Junior said that it was like watching him officiate with Daryl Long and I.

In the second half we had two travels (the first one called by Dick), two charges, one offensive foul away from the ball, and one defensive foul away from the ball. I walked out of QuickenLoan Arena with a little extra spring in my 61 years old knees.

All things considered the DeNucci Family had a pretty nice little road trip last night.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Thu Apr 11, 2013, 07:32pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Early April Back In Thirteen ...

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Thu Apr 11, 2013, 07:50pm
Administrator

Billy:

Thanks for the video. I saw the Four Seasons in person way back in the good old days, 1978.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio