The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Reebok Zigs (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/94341-reebok-zigs.html)

rekent Tue Mar 12, 2013 03:26pm

Reebok Zigs

Has anyone here had any luck finding the Zig Refs in an actual store (preferably a national chain)?

I was supposed to be getting a pair in before a tournament this weekend, but apparently they decided to delay the order so I am searching once again.

BillyMac Tue Mar 12, 2013 04:13pm

Not A Brick And Mortar ...

Not an "actual" store, but I just got mine. Took about a week. In stock. Good price.

Purchase Officials Supplies - Reebok ZigTech Patent Leather Referee Shoe

I would love to get them without the patent leather. Too showy for my style. Doesn't go with my black belt, and noose lanyard. Any suggestions?

grunewar Tue Mar 12, 2013 09:13pm

What's a store? ;)

rekent Wed Mar 13, 2013 02:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 884472)
I would love to get them without the patent leather. Too showy for my style. Doesn't go with my black belt, and noose lanyard. Any suggestions?

Oh geez! Just picked some up and these suckers are shiny, had never seen in person before! :eek: Comfortable though...

Raymond Wed Mar 13, 2013 02:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rekent (Post 884625)
Oh geez! Just picked some up and these suckers are shiny, had never seen in person before! :eek: Comfortable though...

Wear them with a CCA jacket at your next AAU tournament. :D

Rich Wed Mar 13, 2013 02:46pm

Time to buy a pair. I got 2 seasons out of my first ones and I ripped out a piece of the insole in my second last game this year.

Maybe I'll get two and put a pair away like I used to do with the Converse Running Refs I bought in the 1990s. :D

rekent Wed Mar 13, 2013 03:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 884626)
Wear them with a CCA jacket at your next AAU tournament. :D

No CCA here, just basic black. Are you implying I should have a more low-key pair of shoes for AAU? (Will do my first AAU this summer and don't want to be "that-guy"...)

Rich Wed Mar 13, 2013 03:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rekent (Post 884628)
No CCA here, just basic black. Are you implying I should have a more low-key pair of shoes for AAU? (Will do my first AAU this summer and don't want to be "that-guy"...)

I don't get the post, myself. I wear my Zigs for *everything*.

Raymond Wed Mar 13, 2013 03:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rekent (Post 884628)

My Zigs are my most comfortable shoes. I wear them for my college games and up-tempo high school games. I will also wear them for my post-season HS games. I wear high top New Balance 889 for the rest of my HS games.

In the off-season I like to rotate my shoes, especially when working multiple games over a weekend. I do the same thing in camp.

I have a pair of low top New Balances that are also comfortable but not very stylish that I keep in my trunk. I wear them for scrimmages and low profile off-season stuff.

Because I don't work as many games as most folks and because I rotate my shoes I have 3 pair of serviceable shoes that I can wear anytime.

Rich Wed Mar 13, 2013 03:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 884635)
My Zigs are my most comfortable shoes. I wear them for my college games and up-tempo high school games. I will also wear them for my post-season HS games. I wear high top New Balance 889 for the rest of my HS games.

In the off-season I like to rotate my shoes, especially when working multiple games over a weekend. I do the same thing in camp.

I have a pair of low top New Balances that are also comfortable but not very stylish that I keep in my trunk. I wear them for scrimmages and low profile off-season stuff.

Because I don't work as many games as most folks and because I rotate my shoes I have 3 pair of serviceable shoes that I can wear anytime.

I believe in shoe rotation, too. I rotate between 2 pair of Zigs. :D

I have Zig plate shoes for basketball, Zig base shoes, and Zig shoes for football, too.

rekent Wed Mar 13, 2013 04:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 884634)
I don't get the post, myself. I wear my Zigs for *everything*.

The way you mentioned the shoes with a CCA jacket after the conversation about some CCA jacket people big-timing their partners made me wonder if the shiny Zigs in an AAU setting would be sort of faux pax.

Along the same lines, people with experience, do you wear a pre-game jacket at AAU games, and if so is it a plain one without your association logo or do wear your association jacket?

Thanks for the advice from more experienced voices.

BillyMac Wed Mar 13, 2013 04:23pm

Like This ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 884636)
I believe in shoe rotation, too. I rotate between 2 pair of Zigs.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.46604...69775&pid=15.1

Rich Wed Mar 13, 2013 04:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rekent (Post 884644)
The way you mentioned the shoes with a CCA jacket after the conversation about some CCA jacket people big-timing their partners made me wonder if the shiny Zigs in an AAU setting would be sort of faux pax.

Along the same lines, people with experience, do you wear a pre-game jacket at AAU games, and if so is it a plain one without your association logo or do wear your association jacket?

Thanks for the advice from more experienced voices.

Wasn't me. The CCA jacket is for college games where I live. Shoes are shoes.

rekent Wed Mar 13, 2013 05:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 884647)
Wasn't me. The CCA jacket is for college games where I live. Shoes are shoes.

Oops, my bad, somehow I read BNR as Rich.

BktBallRef Wed Mar 13, 2013 07:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 884636)
I have Zig plate shoes for basketball,...

Really? I can't imagine that being very comfortable. :D

I would like a steel toed shoe for football (umpire). Do you think the instep guard could be permanently removed without screwing up the shoe?