The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jul 22, 2003, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

So with the lane being only populated with 6 players on FTs, whats your plan from the Slot?

I was at camp last week and some of the clinitians still preached the step down while one in particular suggested to start where you would normally be at Center because you can see who and what you are supposed to see during the attempt without the need to move.

Thoughts? Comments? Short Stories?

Larks

Old Tue Jul 22, 2003, 03:20pm
Official Forum Member

On an "normal" shot, don't you start at center and step down? Why would a FT be any different?

Was the clinician teaching last year to not step down when the top spots were empty? (I doubt it.) Why would this year be any different?

Old Tue Jul 22, 2003, 08:35pm
Official Forum Member

I'm stepping down because, even though I don't have as much to look for during the shot, we could very well have some rebounding action for which I want to have a good angle.
Old Wed Jul 23, 2003, 09:26am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
At a couple of camps I've been to in the last two summers, we were told that as the C we should start out around the top of the FT circle, so that when we step toward the basket, we will end up right on the FT line extended. Take it for it's worth. . .

Chuck
Old Wed Jul 23, 2003, 09:20pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Anyone thinking of moving toward the center line a bit as trail, seeing as that we'll have at least 3 players off the lane??
Old Wed Jul 23, 2003, 09:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Anyone thinking of moving toward the center line a bit as trail, seeing as that we'll have at least 3 players off the lane??
Actually thats a great question. I noticed in camp with the extra guys not around the key, none of them stay where you could keep an eye from the normal position. My thought and what was confirmed at camp was to stay with the deepest offensive player. That may mean as high as the time line.

Anyone else have anyting?