The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 28, 2013, 09:47am
Medium Kahuna

Thanks

My season is over, and I just wanted to express my thanks to JetMetFan, APG, and other posters who took the time and devoted their energies and skills to creating and posting videos to the site.

IMO, having video to discuss makes the site an even greater tool for us to improve. In addition to the vast wealth of experience and rules knowledge — centuries and terabytes, collectively I'm sure — the videos really help to focus the discussion and promote understanding the correct application of the rules in real-game contexts.

Thanks for your hard work, folks! And, whenever it arrives, have a great off season, all.
Old Thu Feb 28, 2013, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

ditto

My season has wrapped as well. Thanks to all who put in the extra effort on this site. The video has been great.
Old Thu Feb 28, 2013, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

+1

This site is such a great resource and tool.

I had a crash nearly identical to the KU/ISU crash in my GV sub state game last night. Just consistently staying in the rules/case play book and discussing scenarios here only increases confidence and the right approach to officiating the defense.

Came out strong from the lead with a PC. Was a 1000% sure and it showed. Not a peep or a sideways look from any participants or coaches. Great feeling to know the girls were playing hard and the defense was rewarded for a great play.

In the boys game, it was much more about managing the coaches and utilizing communication skills. That's the juice. Such a challenge. So much fun.

More action tonight.
Old Thu Feb 28, 2013, 11:16am
Go Blue

My season ended yesterday, got the results from my MRI. I have a slight tear in my achilles and now have to wear a boot for the next 4-6 weeks. I had 3 more games left on my schedule.
Old Thu Feb 28, 2013, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

I would like to +1 the OP. Video and discussion is an invaluable resource for me. I've learned so much being on this forum. Thanks to all who contribute.
Old Thu Feb 28, 2013, 09:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeguy View Post
My season ended yesterday, got the results from my MRI. I have a slight tear in my achilles and now have to wear a boot for the next 4-6 weeks. I had 3 more games left on my schedule.
Nasty situation, Jack. Don't mess around with it. Do what the doc says.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith