The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Louisville @ USF backcourt violation (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/94077-louisville-usf-backcourt-violation.html)

BktBallRef Sun Feb 17, 2013 01:29pm

Louisville @ USF backcourt violation

9:45 rem in 1st half. BC violation called on Louisville.

Can someone post video?

APG Sun Feb 17, 2013 05:20pm

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/TM4EZwGc0cg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OKREF Sun Feb 17, 2013 05:22pm

I never saw all 3 points in the front court.

SAJ Sun Feb 17, 2013 05:49pm

That is some unreal eyesight, but I believe it was the right call. Before the dribbler put the right foot back into the back court his left foot shifted off the line and gave him front court status.

APG Sun Feb 17, 2013 06:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAJ (Post 880038)
That is some unreal eyesight, but I believe it was the right call. Before the dribbler put the right foot back into the back court his left foot shifted off the line and gave him front court status.

3 points rule...

HawkeyeCubP Sun Feb 17, 2013 06:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAJ (Post 880038)

Was he dribbling?

Camron Rust Sun Feb 17, 2013 07:09pm

Incorrect call. The right foot returned to the backcourt before the ball hit in the frontcourt...resetting the 3-points status.

AremRed Sun Feb 17, 2013 07:13pm

I had a very similar play today. I blew it as well. What are these three points of contact you gentlemen speak of?

BktBallRef Sun Feb 17, 2013 07:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanwestref (Post 880056)
I had a very similar play today. I blew it as well. What are these three points of contact you gentlemen speak of?

You're not familiar with the rule that states when dribbling from back court to front court, FC status is not obtained until the ball and both feet of the dribbler are in the FC?

BktBallRef Sun Feb 17, 2013 07:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKREF (Post 880035)
I never saw all 3 points in the front court.

I knew it wasn't a violation in real time. I backed it up and watched again to confirm it. Not sure why the official was looking at.

OKREF Sun Feb 17, 2013 07:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 880062)
I knew it wasn't a violation in real time. I backed it up and watched again to confirm it. Not sure why the official was looking at.

I did too. The only thing I can think of is when he moved the one foot back the ball wasn't on the floor, an would that have made the ball in the front court. I don't believe so, but maybe he thought that.

BktBallRef Sun Feb 17, 2013 08:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKREF (Post 880070)
I did too. The only thing I can think of is when he moved the one foot back the ball wasn't on the floor, an would that have made the ball in the front court. I don't believe so, but maybe he thought that.

Something else may have caught his eye. I missed a double dribble last week because I took my eye off the dribbler to be sure the screen she was coming around was legal.

Adam Sun Feb 17, 2013 08:27pm

Quote:

I did too. The only thing I can think of is when he moved the one foot back the ball wasn't on the floor, an would that have made the ball in the front court.

????

I don't see what you mean here.

OKREF Sun Feb 17, 2013 08:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 880077)
????

I don't see what you mean here.

Just thinking he might have thought that both feet were in the front court and when the dribble happened he might have thought that all 3 points were in the front court. Just trying to think of a reason he would call a back court. I know that isn't a BC. Just don't understand what he saw.

Camron Rust Sun Feb 17, 2013 08:59pm

Quote:

It doesn't. But, he may have only looked at the dribbler at that moment and never saw that the ball had not touched in the FC. Upon seeing the step back, he tought it was OOB (incorrectly, of course).