The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Best Test Question Ever (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/92918-best-test-question-ever.html)

Scooby Wed Nov 14, 2012 02:41pm

Best Test Question Ever

Here is a Question from the Basketball Rules test here in Michigan.:):D

24. A5 is a sight to behold . . . He’s dressed in a legal uniform (shirt and pants) which he is wearing legally . . . But just look at the rest of him! Which of the following items may A5 wear and still be allowed to participate?

A multi-colored elastic band that extends completely around the crown of his head, with a picture of Brittany Spears attached to the front
An, earring, carefully and fully covered by the team’s doctor with athletic tape
One pink knee high sock and one lime-green knee high sock
A necklace with an attached locket which holds a picture of his girlfriend and is firmly affixed to his chest with tape
A beige compression sleeve worn on his shooting arm “because Alan Iverson used to wear one and he is my hero”

PG_Ref Wed Nov 14, 2012 02:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooby (Post 862128)

24. A5 is a sight to behold . . . He’s dressed in a legal uniform (shirt and pants) which he is wearing legally . . . But just look at the rest of him! Which of the following items may A5 wear and still be allowed to participate?

A multi-colored elastic band that extends completely around the crown of his head, with a picture of Brittany Spears attached to the front
An, earring, carefully and fully covered by the team’s doctor with athletic tape
A necklace with an attached locket which holds a picture of his girlfriend and is firmly affixed to his chest with tape
A beige compression sleeve worn on his shooting arm “because Alan Iverson used to wear one and he is my hero”

What was your answer?

Raymond Wed Nov 14, 2012 02:52pm

Oooh, oooh, I know, I know.

Adam Wed Nov 14, 2012 03:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 862131)
Oooh, oooh, I know, I know.

Okay, Horschack, go ahead.

OKREF Wed Nov 14, 2012 03:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooby (Post 862128)

If he has a medical note for the compression sleeve, it is okay. Otherwise only the socks are okay. Would be my answer.

bob jenkins Wed Nov 14, 2012 03:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKREF (Post 862138)
If he has a medical note for the compression sleeve, it is okay.

That's going to depend on each specific state's rules.

Adam Wed Nov 14, 2012 03:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKREF (Post 862138)
If he has a medical note for the compression sleeve, it is okay. Otherwise only the socks are okay. Would be my answer.

This is regional, but we don't ask for a note. We just ask if it's for a medical purpose, and accept the answer.

grunewar Wed Nov 14, 2012 03:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 862141)
We just ask if it's for a medical purpose, and accept the answer.

This is how we are taught too.

Raymond Wed Nov 14, 2012 03:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 862142)
This is how we are taught too.

I don't ask, I just assume :D

OKREF Wed Nov 14, 2012 03:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 862141)
This is regional, but we don't ask for a note. We just ask if it's for a medical purpose, and accept the answer.

We don't ask for the note either, just ask the coaches if everyone is properly dressed. If they say yes, they are saying it is being worn for medical reasons. As long as it is white, black, beige or a single school color, and the same for each team member they are good.

DLH17 Wed Nov 14, 2012 04:07pm

He may emulate AI by wearing the beige colored compression sleeve.

Adam Wed Nov 14, 2012 04:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLH17 (Post 862150)

Not if that's his reason.

DLH17 Wed Nov 14, 2012 04:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 862153)
Not if that's his reason.

Agreed. However, his doctor may agree, as well.

OKREF Wed Nov 14, 2012 05:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLH17 (Post 862150)

Nope. The only way you can wear one is for medical purposes.

DLH17 Wed Nov 14, 2012 05:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKREF (Post 862159)
Nope. The only way you can wear one is for medical purposes.

:rolleyes: