The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Poll (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/92895-poll.html)

gslefeb Mon Nov 12, 2012 08:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 861841)
Here in my little corner of Connecticut: Open book, take at home, seventy-five question IAABO Refresher Exam, and 20 question local board mechanics exam. We have to attend one of about a dozen refresher exam "clinics", where we all go over our answers, and compare them to the correct answers. You need to show a completed answer sheet to get into one of these clinics. If you go to one of these clinics, with a completed answer sheet, you are given "full credit" toward your annual rating, even if you have every single question wrong. If you don't go to one of these clinics, you will get "no credit" toward your annual rating.

Same for Vermont, except we do not have a mechanics exam.

Nevadaref Tue Nov 13, 2012 05:25am

My state office requires the officials to pass an annual certification exam administered by the local association with a score of not less than 70%.

The test may be any exam which the association desires.

Bad Zebra Tue Nov 13, 2012 06:09am

FL = Yes

50 question timed exam (75 minutes) taken online annually. State no longer indicates whether it is open or closed book exam..which I find odd. 75 required to work varsity (which is impossible because each q. is worth two points) , 80 required to work post-season.

Multiple Sports Tue Nov 13, 2012 01:27pm

Forrest Gump....

Quote:

Here in my little corner of Connecticut: Open book, take at home, seventy-five question IAABO Refresher Exam, and 20 question local board mechanics exam. We have to attend one of about a dozen refresher exam "clinics", where we all go over our answers, and compare them to the correct answers. You need to show a completed answer sheet to get into one of these clinics. If you go to one of these clinics, with a completed answer sheet, you are given "full credit" toward your annual rating, even if you have every single question wrong. If you don't go to one of these clinics, you will get "no credit" toward your annual rating.

We've tried it other ways, but the answers always seemed to get out, and our members were always "cheating". It's a stupid system, but it's our stupid system.

As Forrest would say....."Stupid is as stupid does " !!!!!!!!

Oh great here comes the Forrest Gump pics by Billy Mac !!!!!

BillyMac Tue Nov 13, 2012 01:56pm

Magic Shoes Could Take Me Anywhere ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 861957)
As Forrest would say ...

The IAABO Refresher Exam is like a box of chocolates: You never know what you're gonna get.

BillyMac Tue Nov 13, 2012 01:59pm

As I Said ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 861957)
As Forrest would say, "Stupid is as stupid does".

Quote:

It's a stupid system.

But it's our stupid system.

OKREF Tue Nov 13, 2012 02:07pm

Oklahoma, yes. Part I and Part II

dsqrddgd909 Tue Nov 13, 2012 02:11pm

Kansas

Yes.

100 Questions NFHS from which 50 questions are chosen open book, online. Must score 90% or better for post-season.

refiator Tue Nov 13, 2012 06:07pm

Georgia

Yes - 100 t/f questions. Minimum score is 85 to work post season, but no state minimum to officiate. (Just have to deal with your assignor)

Referee911 Thu Nov 15, 2012 01:53pm

Texas YES

2 tests (Rules and mechanics) and a video (with a test to complete) on sportsmanship and communication with players, coaches and fans.

80% to pass, 90% to assure playoff game qualified.

constable Thu Nov 15, 2012 05:27pm

Ontario writes the IAABO exam. I think the pass is 86??

Indianaref Fri Nov 16, 2012 08:57am

Indiana

Yes. 100 Q. 90% for postseason play. It's sort of a joke because everyone shows up to the meetings to get the answers before taking test online.