The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jun 03, 2003, 03:51pm
Official Forum Member

i want to know what do you think about this? i'm like zalgiris' fan, now i hope perfect playing of my home favorite team;]
Old Tue Jun 03, 2003, 04:05pm
Official Forum Member

If I was a Zalgiris fan, and it was 1988, I would be very excited about getting Sabonis.
Old Tue Jun 03, 2003, 04:11pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Sabonis was still playing in the NBA, I thought he was out looking for his knees.....
Old Tue Jun 03, 2003, 04:27pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Wink

The story here in Portland is that Sabonis was given only one more season to get arrested and he did not, so now he has to go. The Blazers told him that having his wife picked up for DUI (which did happen) only counted half a point.
Old Tue Jun 03, 2003, 08:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by SineS
i want to know what do you think about this? i'm like zalgiris' fan, now i hope perfect playing of my home favorite team;]
Zalgiris? What is that, like a kosher deli or something?
Old Tue Jun 03, 2003, 09:46pm
Official Forum Member

Carolina had a basketball player a few years back named Tom Zaligaris. Maybe that's who he's referring to!

BTW, Sabonis? Who cares?
Old Wed Jun 04, 2003, 02:00am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Carolina had a basketball player a few years back named Tom Zaligaris. Maybe that's who he's referring to!

BTW, Sabonis? Who cares?
I do!! After we lost Buck Williams, then Steve Smith and then Brian Grant, and with all Chris Dudley's ins and outs, there wasn't anybody else here to look up to. Sabonis just gets in, gets done and gets out. He's quiet and legal and he plays a heck of a game. I will miss him tremendously.
Old Wed Jun 04, 2003, 03:26am
Official Forum Member

Some people know zalgiris and his gold years. respect.
who doesn't know i can say that zalgiris in the year 1998 won euroleague, and still is playing in this tournament. in tthese days zalgiris is acepting new agreement with euroleague for some year( about 5). zalgiris got money from the goverment, so now it is going to be a strong team. BUT SABONIS WILL NOT COST ANYTHING!!!! why? because sabonis is one of the owners of zalgiris))))))
what i can say to his fans from america and portland? it's a pity that he didn't won gold in nba. but all our country is waiting sabonis with green t-shirt.
and how it is saying? alive legend? )
who want to know more..... http://www.zalgiris.lt
Old Wed Jun 04, 2003, 03:28am
Official Forum Member

sorry, mistake
zalgiris won euroleague in 1999
in 1998 zalgiris won saporto cup and entered euroleague
Old Wed Jun 04, 2003, 03:31am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Sabonis announces he'll play for Zalgiris next season
May 29, 2003

When Arvydas Sabonis visits home, the people of Kaunas, Lithuanian expect big things to happen, but none could have anticipated his announcement Thursday that he plans to leave the NBA and play next season for Zalgiris, the team he co-owns. "I have pondered well for a while, and now I can tell you the result:" Sabonis said in a speech to the Kaunas City Council. "...I have to help my dear 'Zalgiriukas' next season by playing on the team." Although he hasn't played a game for Zalgiris since 1989, Sabonis has come back to his original club twice before, during the NBA lockout of 1999 and in 2001-02, when an injury kept him idle. The return of the center many consider the best of his generation and the best ever in Europe comes just a week after Zalgiris reclaimed the Lithuanian League title. "The team was pretty good by the end of this season," Sabonis added. "If we add a couple of players next season we may be capable of doing great things in the Euroleague."
Old Wed Jun 04, 2003, 08:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:

BTW, Sabonis? Who cares?
I do!! After we lost Buck Williams, then Steve Smith and then Brian Grant, and with all Chris Dudley's ins and outs, there wasn't anybody else here to look up to. Sabonis just gets in, gets done and gets out. He's quiet and legal and he plays a heck of a game. I will miss him tremendously.
I thought nobody in Portland cared about the JailBlazers?

Statements made here:

"Frankly, I wouldn't walk across the street to see those bums - for free!!!"

"It's kind of embarrassing..."

"I don't follow the NBA much, and don't much care,..."

"you forgot to mention the other important statistics that we here in Portland keep for the Trailblazers.
FCM -- felonies committed per month
%FL -- percentage of fan base lost
$$/## -- dollars spent on drug treatment this season"

Can't have it both ways, Downs.
Old Thu Jun 05, 2003, 10:10am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:

Statements made here:

"you forgot to mention the other important statistics that we here in Portland keep for the Trailblazers.

The reason I don't follow the Blazers much is because of the shortage of good attitude, and the constant scandal. If there were more team members like Sabonis, it'd be a lot easier to indulge occasionally.

Also, I think if there were more like Sabonis, kids would be easier to referee. It is really heart-breaking to see some 7th and 8th grade boys strutting and parading around, instead of just playing very well and feeling great about their work. And the flashes of temper are so derivative.
Old Thu Jun 05, 2003, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:

Statements made here:

The reason I don't follow the Blazers much is because of the shortage of good attitude, and the constant scandal. If there were more team members like Sabonis, it'd be a lot easier to indulge occasionally.

Also, I think if there were more like Sabonis, kids would be easier to referee. It is really heart-breaking to see some 7th and 8th grade boys strutting and parading around, instead of just playing very well and feeling great about their work. And the flashes of temper are so derivative.
Just yankin' your chain, girl.
Old Fri Jun 06, 2003, 04:18am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to ROMANO Send a message via AIM to ROMANO
Quote:
Originally posted by SineS
Some people know zalgiris and his gold years. respect.
who doesn't know i can say that zalgiris in the year 1998 won euroleague, and still is playing in this tournament. in tthese days zalgiris is acepting new agreement with euroleague for some year( about 5). zalgiris got money from the goverment, so now it is going to be a strong team. BUT SABONIS WILL NOT COST ANYTHING!!!! why? because sabonis is one of the owners of zalgiris))))))
what i can say to his fans from america and portland? it's a pity that he didn't won gold in nba. but all our country is waiting sabonis with green t-shirt.
and how it is saying? alive legend? )
who want to know more..... http://www.zalgiris.lt
i agree with you.
and i hope to see sabonis and zalgiris in tel aviv next year..at yad eliyho arena ..which be the place on next year final four games.i hope to see him aginst MACCBBI -TEL AVIV..for sure i will come watching him