Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri May 16, 2003, 08:46am
In Memoriam

http://www.nfhs.org/Sports/basketball_comments.htm
Old Fri May 16, 2003, 09:54am
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

I especially like the comment about fewer players on the free throw lane making free throws easier to officiate. If that's their rationale for making rule changes, let's reduce the number of players on the floor to one for each team.

Oh yeah - you could eliminate coaches, too. That would make the game much easier to officiate.
Old Fri May 16, 2003, 10:28am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Oh yeah - you could eliminate coaches, too. That would make the game much easier to officiate.
You know, you say that as a joke, but I think it's a great idea. They do it in tennis (at the pro level anyway). It would make practice more important and would force the kids to be more prepared. (Not just know the plays, but know when to use them.) It would make the captain have real responsibility on the floor. Plus it eliminate massive amounts of poor sportsmanship from the game. And it doesn't make the coach's job any less important, just less visible.

I like it.
Old Fri May 16, 2003, 12:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
I especially like the comment about fewer players on the free throw lane making free throws easier to officiate. If that's their rationale for making rule changes, let's reduce the number of players on the floor to one for each team.

...and imagine how much easier this would be without the players! Shoot the sh1t in an empty gym with your partner & the custodian for an hour & a half or so, maybe play a coupla games of HORSE, then go out for brownpops!

And get a check in the mail 3 weeks later! All right!

Old Fri May 16, 2003, 04:22pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

...and imagine how much easier this would be without the players! Shoot the sh1t in an empty gym with your partner & the custodian for an hour & a half or so, maybe play a coupla games of HORSE, then go out for brownpops!
Don't forget to T the custodian.
Old Fri May 16, 2003, 05:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Don't forget to T the custodian.
Doesn't really fix the sportsmanship, after all, I guess?
Old Sat May 17, 2003, 07:51am
Official Forum Member

This stuff is just too funny! I love it.
I do think that the no coaches idea has a lot of merit. My only concerns would be injuries, bench conduct of the players, and substitutions. Each site could have a medical trainer present at each game to attend to any injuries, but I don't know if the kids could handle the lack of adult supervision on the bench or deciding who plays and who sits on their own. Afterall, there are some legitimate reasons to have adult coaches; the problem is just getting them to conduct themselves in that manner.
Old Sat May 17, 2003, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Afterall, there are some legitimate reasons to have adult coaches; the problem is just getting them to conduct themselves in that manner.
Getting the coaches to conduct themselves in a legitmate manner? Instead of like complete bas...oh, never mind.
Old Sun May 18, 2003, 02:51am
Official Forum Member

I meant adult manner.