The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 09, 2012, 06:29pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Too Bad ...

I just checked out the Basketballrefs.com Forum. Since "60 Seconds on Officiating" stopped sending emails, I've been checking the Forum for new "60 Seconds" situations, because "60 Seconds" was posting on the Forum regularly.

Here's what I found:

Forums closed. This website domain is for sale. Contact larks at basketballrefs.com
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Mon Jan 09, 2012, 06:31pm
certified Hot Mom tester

I noticed that today, too. I've already taken the link off my bookmarks toolbar.
Old Mon Jan 09, 2012, 06:37pm
Do not give a damn!!

That is too bad, but no one went there. Not sure they did anything wrong, there were people can only come to one place at a time I guess. Even the NF Forum was limited in who went there as it relates to basketball forums.

Peace
Old Mon Jan 09, 2012, 06:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Up And Down The Ladder ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Even the NF Forum was limited in who went there as it relates to basketball forums.
I can't post on the NFHS basketball forum. I belong to the NFHS, but they think I'm a volleyball official. It's because Connecticut is an all IAABO state. Arbiter knows that I'm a basketball official, but Arbiter also knows that no Connecticut basketball officials belong to the NFHS. That Arbiter is a pretty smart cookie. You can't get anything past him. I was only able to get my NFHS online rulebook, and casebook, this season, through the kindness of strangers.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 07:54pm.
Old Mon Jan 09, 2012, 07:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
That is too bad, but no one went there. Not sure they did anything wrong, there were people can only come to one place at a time I guess. Even the NF Forum was limited in who went there as it relates to basketball forums.

Peace
IIRC, a few of the regulars here either didn't like how this place was run or just wanted to see if they could start something to compete...and perhaps make a few bucks.

But, their forums didn't really do anything different than was was done here....and their forum format was not as nice. They tried to add a few other goodies to draw people but, obviously, they were not enticing enough. If you want to draw people from an established place, you've got offer something they don't have that is compelling enough to motivate a change or you've got to do the same thing a lot better. They didn't do either. That is why McGriff's more or less disappeared when this forum started.....this one did things a lot better.

Personally, I'm not interested in 2-3 forums with 80% of the same content....it would just be a waste of time.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 07:06pm.
Old Mon Jan 09, 2012, 11:45pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
IIRC, a few of the regulars here either didn't like how this place was run or just wanted to see if they could start something to compete...and perhaps make a few bucks.
Didn't like how it was run? I'd have to say we're about as laid back as anyone could be ... Probably was the latter and they may have thought there was a lot more money and glamour in it than there really is!
Old Tue Jan 10, 2012, 05:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Didn't like how it was run? I'd have to say we're about as laid back as anyone could be ... Probably was the latter and they may have thought there was a lot more money and glamour in it than there really is!
I agree, you are....but with as many people as there are, someone is bound to not like it and think they could do it better.