The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Not Sure If They Need Officials or Not (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/85317-not-sure-if-they-need-officials-not.html)

Freddy Mon Jan 02, 2012 08:56pm

Not Sure If They Need Officials or Not

From http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/01/...sketball-team/ today:

(WSCR) Former Bulls bad boy Dennis Rodman is taking his antics to a new level. The five-time NBA champion is coming back to basketball — this time as the coach for a topless women’s team he is launching for Headquarters Gentlemen’s Club in New York. According to a report, Rodman decided to put the team together after hearing that rival strip joint Rick’s Cabaret launched a league with former Atlanta Hawk Spud Webb. “I don’t know too many men that don’t like a good-looking woman running up and down around the court,” Rodman said.

If they follow NFHS, I'm trying to think of rules revisions that would be necessary. The term commonly used for "faking being fouled" would no doubt have to be changed.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy (Post 810029)
From Rodman To Coach Topless Women’s Basketball Team CBS Chicago today:

(WSCR) Former Bulls bad boy Dennis Rodman is taking his antics to a new level. The five-time NBA champion is coming back to basketball — this time as the coach for a topless women’s team he is launching for Headquarters Gentlemen’s Club in New York. According to a report, Rodman decided to put the team together after hearing that rival strip joint Rick’s Cabaret launched a league with former Atlanta Hawk Spud Webb. “I don’t know too many men that don’t like a good-looking woman running up and down around the court,” Rodman said.

If they follow NFHS, I'm trying to think of rules revisions that would be necessary. The term commonly used for "faking being fouled" would no doubt have to be changed.

Mark:

I am ready to apply. Are you going to join me. :D

MTD, Sr.

Mark Padgett Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 810060)
Mark:

I am ready to apply. Are you going to join me. :D

MTD, Sr.

Wouldn't it be hard to call fouls when every player apparently is number double zero? :D

bainsey Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:58pm

The double-dribble joke here is too easy.

Ignats75 Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 810068)
Wouldn't it be hard to call fouls when every player apparently is number double zero? :D

Nah. I will be finger painting numbers on them. They will conform to NFHS guidelines for size and placement. ;)

BillyMac Tue Jan 03, 2012 06:56am

Illegal Number ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark padgett (Post 810068)
wouldn't it be hard to call fouls when every player apparently is number double zero?

36 d?

Bad Zebra Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:54am

I'm sitting here trying to think of a good way to work FLOPPING into a post...I'll get back to you.

Freddy Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:07am

You Tried to Take a Charge, But . . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Zebra (Post 810152)
I'm sitting here trying to think of a good way to work FLOPPING into a post...I'll get back to you.

That was the intent of the likely revision in post #1, but didn't want to use the word lest it invite too graphic a visualization in the mind of the reader. :eek:

Seems the C would really need to be self-disciplined to maintain focus on his primary when all the players are over in T's and L's areas.

Mark Padgett Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy (Post 810155)
Seems the C would really need to be self-disciplined to maintain focus on his primary when all the players are over in T's and L's areas.

So...are you saying you'd have to use TLC with these players?

BTW - let's say a post player swings around and smacks her defender in the face with her you-know-whats. What signal would you use? :confused:

fullor30 Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:18pm

Mark Padgett Tue Jan 03, 2012 01:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 810183)

Wow - this is the best post I've seen here in years! :rolleyes:

bob jenkins Tue Jan 03, 2012 02:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 810215)
Wow - this is the best post I've seen here in years! :rolleyes:

I think he meant to say: (o)(o)

fullor30 Tue Jan 03, 2012 02:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 810218)
I think he meant to say: (o)(o)

Ha ha............had posted and tried to delete but couldn't.

Something about uniform issues in over 50 league if they were below belly button.

letemplay Tue Jan 03, 2012 02:40pm

Chest bumps

would have to be a legal celebratory move:cool:

Welpe Tue Jan 03, 2012 03:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 810219)
Ha ha............had posted and tried to delete but couldn't.

Something about uniform issues in over 50 league if they were below belly button.

Yeah I liked your edit better.