The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 02, 2011, 10:11am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down Did I?

Pretty sure I kicked a backcourt call last night. As a side note, it is quite a transition working 3-whistle varsity scrimmages to a poorly played JV Girls 2-whistle game. A1 dribbles toward me through a press. I'm new lead, about 10 feet off the division line in the frontcourt. A1 stops the dribble while straddling the division line, then pivots fully to the backcourt. I hit my whistle and gave B the ball.

I think I was wrong on two counts. It wasn't my call, and to top it off, it was the wrong call.
Old Fri Dec 02, 2011, 10:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartsy View Post
Pretty sure I kicked a backcourt call last night. As a side note, it is quite a transition working 3-whistle varsity scrimmages to a poorly played JV Girls 2-whistle game. A1 dribbles toward me through a press. I'm new lead, about 10 feet off the division line in the frontcourt. A1 stops the dribble while straddling the division line, then pivots fully to the backcourt. I hit my whistle and gave B the ball.

I think I was wrong on two counts. It wasn't my call, and to top it off, it was the wrong call.

Yes, it was wrong call, but you already know that, so file it away. Might have been your call, you were new lead in transition? Were there players in front of you? just getting a sense of who/where.
Old Fri Dec 02, 2011, 11:21am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartsy View Post

Too bad Tom Izzo wasn't there to point out your mistake. You could have conferenced and fixed the problem.