The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   This place got into my psyche (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/83239-place-got-into-my-psyche.html)

JugglingReferee Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:04pm

This place got into my psyche

I had to issue a technical foul to an assistant coach today.

When I reported the foul to the table, I said "Blue Assistant Coach...", and while giving the "T" sign, I continued... "whack, white shoots two."

Adam Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 799200)
I had to issue a technical foul to an assistant coach today.

When I reported the foul to the table, I said "Blue Assistant Coach...", and while giving the "T" sign, I continued... "whack, white shoots two."

Better than "whack get out."

Scuba_ref Sat Nov 19, 2011 06:12pm

Fixed it for you

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 799200)
I got to issue a technical foul to an assistant coach today.

Lucky you!

BktBallRef Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 799201)
Better than "whack get out."

Nothing is better than "Whack! Get out!"

Whack! Get out! Rasheed ejected by Ron Garretson. - YouTube

NoFussRef Wed Nov 23, 2011 05:58pm

Funny what came out of my mouth reminded me I had not been lurking on the forum since

MS Girls Wreck League:

I am reminding a coach that has been in the league about 4 seasons now, that he knows me well enough to know I won't put up w/ constant whinning/chipping. (Whether directed at me, or worse, at my rookie partner trying to survive his first game ever).

Funny what came out of my mouth reminded me I had not been lurking on the forum since end of last season...

Low volume between he and I:

"Coach, grow up. I will "WHACK" you right here in front of your girls"

Loud enough for everyone and god to hear:

"Coach, this is your warning; If you make one more comment directed at myself or the other Official on the floor, it will result in a Technical Foul. Is that clear?!?!?

Not sure which speech worked for him, but not another PEEP all night.

* Just hoping he didn't think I would literally WHACK him upside his empty head. . . Then again... :>

AKOFL Fri Nov 25, 2011 03:04pm

had a partner getting some back talk from a player and he tried to calm him down. When that didn't work, with his whistle not in his mouth, he makes the T sign and yells "BAP... thats yours". i was on the end line and had to steady myself on the wall. i was cracking up on the inside.:D

Brad Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 799275)
Nothing is better than "Whack! Get out!"

Whack! Get out! Rasheed ejected by Ron Garretson. - YouTube

I've seen this SO many times, but it never gets old!!