The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 09, 2003, 04:05pm
Official Forum Member

I am a relatively new member to the group and this is my first post. First let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am from a rural town in Middle Tennessee. I am a varsity football and basketball official. I will start my third year in each sport come fall of this year. I am a former college basketball player and will turn 31 years of age in December. I have enjoyed reading everybody's thought's over the past month and I wanted everyone's oppinion of the article in today's USA Today regarding a mercy rule in HS basketball. I'll sum up the new rule change. If a team is leading by 30 points or more, the clock will run the entire 4th quarter. This rule would eliminate the 100 pt blowouts and save some embarassment and ridicule that both teams receive after these types of games. Just wanted to kick this topic around, let me know what you think.....
Old Wed Apr 09, 2003, 04:07pm
Official Forum Member

My first post and somebody else already stole my thunder. Didn't realize there was already a thread going...sorry guys (and gals)!!!!
Old Wed Apr 09, 2003, 08:55pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by tnroundballref
My first post and somebody else already stole my thunder. Didn't realize there was already a thread going...sorry guys (and gals)!!!!
No problem. It happens. Glad you're on board. Welcome!