The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Mar 30, 2003, 05:23pm
Official Forum Member

Could someone explain what the call was in the 2nd half when Carmello Anthony got body checked into the scorer's table by #42 of Oklahoma while trailing a fast break?
Oklahoma ended up with possession.
I'm not saying the call was wrong or bad, I likely didn't see the whole play, but I am just very confused.
Old Sun Mar 30, 2003, 06:02pm
Official Forum Member

I am not sure why there was no foul on the OU player. The trail official seemed to have the play right in front of him. Should have been a foul.
Old Sun Mar 30, 2003, 06:11pm
Official Forum Member

Are you saying that a foul was called on a Syracuse player up near the ball and that the trail official ignored this? I even thought it could have been called intentional! During the game I heard a whistle and assumed that #42 OK was being called for a foul. I guess not.
Old Sun Mar 30, 2003, 06:18pm
Official Forum Member

That one still befuddles me. The trail official called a foul, but then signaled number 15, Anthony's number. However, the PA guy announced the foul on Oklahoma's DeAngelo Alexander, who also wears number 15. Then the officials gave the ball to Oklahoma. An OU assistant then walked over to the scorer's table to ask what happened. Nothing else was said after that. Oh, let me point out that it was #42, Szendrei, for Oklahoma that blasted Anthony. The box score shows 3 fouls for Anthony (none of which occurred here) and 0 fouls for Szendrei. Alexander fouled out.

That's the situation, but I still don't know what the hell happened.