The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 14, 2003, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

I am just moving from the great state of Iowa to Kansas City, MO here in the next and wondering about officiating basketball down there. I am currently certified in Iowa for both boys and girls varsity basketball and worked 97 games so far this year (of all ages, not just varsity - ha, ha, ha).

Are there any associations down there to get games?

Any camps around down there for the summer?

Anyone else who can help me out for a bit learning the differences between the rules of Iowa vs. Missouri/Kansas?

Thanks in advance!
Aaron
Old Fri Mar 14, 2003, 01:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Aaron, I'm in western MA, so I can't help you. I'm just replying so that this thread will get bumped to the top of the list. Maybe somebody else will see it and offer some help. Good luck with your move.

Chuck
Old Fri Mar 14, 2003, 03:24pm
Official Forum Member

I made the same move a year ago....only to come back to Iowa last summer. My advice would be to contact the state and find an association this spring. I called an assignor in the fall when I was there and there were no games available. I was put on a sub list. I was talking to people on the Kansas side of the city, but I met another teacher that worked football and basketball on the MO side and it sounded as if it was about the same. Hope this helps.
Old Thu Mar 27, 2003, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

Aaron,
I am about 60 miles south of there but I work for several assignors in the KC area and have some contacts I can get you too. Email me and I'll see what I can do for you, there is a very good camp there too, I'll get you that information also.