The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 13, 2003, 01:53pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Last night was the final opportunity for me to work with Juulie this season. We had three boys rec games - one 8th grade, one JV and one Varsity.

I knew it was going to be a remarkable evening when Juulie tossed for the first game and left the whistle in her mouth. Fortunately, she still has all her teeth.

Then, in the second game, she tossed a volunteer scorekeeper!!! 2-4-6-8, who do we appreciate? Juulie! Juulie! Juulie! YAY!

As if that wasn't enough - who makes a personal appearance just to say hi? Yes, folks - the one and only original Dave! Yes - the D-man in person. What an honor. He was working some games at another gym for another program and was on his way home when he passed by our school and saw the lights on and cars in the parking lot. He stopped by just to see who was working. I guess he was disappointed that it wasn't Jake O'Donnell and Earl Strom.

One kid in the varsity game kept complaining that he was being slapped on the wrist. I asked him if he was majoring in home ec.

Oh yeah - just to top it off, I teed a kid for jumping up and pulling on the net during a timeout.

The only part of the evening Juulie didn't like was when I reminded her that I live only 2 miles from the school and she lives way over on the other side of Portland, so I would be home and already in the shower before she even hit the freeway. One of the perks of making out your own schedule.
Old Thu Mar 13, 2003, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Then, in the second game, she tossed a volunteer scorekeeper!!! 2-4-6-8, who do we appreciate? Juulie! Juulie! Juulie! YAY!
Oh, please! I have to hear this story!

Chuck
Old Thu Mar 13, 2003, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Oh, please! I have to hear this story!

Chuck
It's not really that exciting. In the third quarter I called a foul on green for shoving through a white player to try to get the ball. As I reported the foul, the mother at the table said, "Thank you for that" I sort of shrugged and she said, "No really, you should be calling more of those." I said, "Do you know the rule about table people being neutral?" She said, "Oh, yes, but, you really..." I said, "Okay, just so you know." "Well, yes, but I just need to let you know.." I said, "If it's hard, we can get someone else." She said, "Okay, fine, then!!" and just got up and left. By the way, "her" team was ahead by about 25, and had only 2 fouls in the third quarter, to the other team's 7.
Old Thu Mar 13, 2003, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
I wasn't there but I heard this happened at a rec league: A1's mom is volunteering at the book. A1 getss T'ed up, A1's mom goes ballistic. She eventualy just gets up, grabs A1 & leaves, taking with her the *only pencil in the building*!

Took them longer to find a new pencil than it did to find a new scorekeeper.
Old Fri Mar 14, 2003, 08:40am
In Memoriam

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
I wasn't there but I heard this happened at a rec league: A1's mom is volunteering at the book. A1 getss T'ed up, A1's mom goes ballistic. She eventualy just gets up, grabs A1 & leaves, taking with her the *only pencil in the building*!

I suppose it's good that they weren't using her ball.
Old Fri Mar 14, 2003, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

I suppose it's good that they weren't using her ball.
Heh. The way I heard it A1 wasn't using the ball much himself.