The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 10, 2003, 04:38pm
Official Forum Member

I'm from Indiana as previously stated. I've been working women's college ball for about 2 years now and it looks like I have a very bright future in it. But on the other hand I think I would enjoy men's ball more. I just can't get "pumped" like I can for even a good HS boys game. I'm not slamming women's ball, I think I would like to try the men's side.

Do any of you have any good camp suggestions. I'm willing to travel.
Old Mon Mar 10, 2003, 04:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb I will have that information.

Quote:
Originally posted by Zebra1
I'm from Indiana as previously stated. I've been working women's college ball for about 2 years now and it looks like I have a very bright future in it. But on the other hand I think I would enjoy men's ball more. I just can't get "pumped" like I can for even a good HS boys game. I'm not slamming women's ball, I think I would like to try the men's side.

Do any of you have any good camp suggestions. I'm willing to travel.
I do not have all the information yet, but I can definitely give you information that gets you what you want. I live in the Chicago area, and many of the assignors that assign Men's D3, D2 and JUCO happen to live in the Chicago area. I will pass along any information that I get about a particular camp that might go along with what you are looking for. Many have not listed their camps yet, so I do not have dates and times yet. But I should in a couple of months. So just remind me in about a month or so and I can give you a definite answer.

Peace
Old Mon Mar 10, 2003, 08:14pm
Official Forum Member

http://www.dalekelley.com/ He's the assignor for a bunch of conferences (Sun Belt, WAC, CUSA, Big 12). Camps in Texas, Kentucky and Arkansas. Flyer and info available at the website.
a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
Arnold Palmer
Old Mon Mar 10, 2003, 08:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to chayce
Jerry Kimmel has a camp in your neck of the woods at Vincennes Univ. I went last year and there were several Indiana guys there. 25 of 40 guys were picked up for some level of college ball. If you send me a fax number I will be glad to fax a copy of the brochure to you. My email is [email protected].
Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 12:43pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for those suggestions. I will be back here to remind you of those camps. Chicago is about 1 1/2 hr for me so that's not that big of a deal and Jerry's camp was already in consideration. Do you have to be invited to any of these? Just curious. What about Eric Harmon's? Would that be worth my time? I don't know too much about the men's side.
Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 03:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by whistleone
http://www.dalekelley.com/ He's the assignor for a bunch of conferences (Sun Belt, WAC, CUSA, Big 12). Camps in Texas, Kentucky and Arkansas. Flyer and info available at the website.
Would this camp be a good place for a high school official looking to improve their game or is this a try-out camp?

Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 07:17pm
Official Forum Member

I was wondering how many of our fellow officiating.com official go to Mr. Kelley's. I would just like some input before I drop the $$$$.

Another question. Being a young official, what is an average age where "rookie" officials get picked up. I imagine it depends on experience, but you obviously can't send a 22 yr. old out there to work IU vs. PU. Just curious. I know alot of you have been through these waters before. Just getting a feel of what to expect.
Old Wed Mar 12, 2003, 11:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Larks
Quote:
Originally posted by whistleone
Would this camp be a good place for a high school official looking to improve their game or is this a try-out camp?

From the looks of it, I'm guessing it's a try-out camp for the conferences he assigns. Even if you didn't get picked up this year, it might set you up for getting an assignment in the future.
a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
Arnold Palmer
Old Wed Mar 12, 2003, 12:35pm
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb men's camps???

you may also want to try Gerry Pollard's Officiating Camp at the SMS campus in Springfield, MO June 19-22. I got a flyer for it and the email for more info is [email protected].