The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 10, 2003, 01:38pm
Official Forum Member

RookieDude, I was just wondering how your games went at the state B tournament in Spokane this past weekend? Did you do boys or girls?
Old Mon Mar 10, 2003, 04:35pm
In Memoriam

Even as we speak,there's a Class 3A high school boys championship game from Washington showing on my trusty pirate dish.Replay from the weekend on Fox N/W. Rainier Beach vs. Issaquah(which is a native phrase meaning "the BoSox suck").They didn't announce the officials.Any of you guys involved in this one?
Old Mon Mar 10, 2003, 06:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Replay from the weekend on Fox N/W. Rainier Beach vs. Issaquah(which is a native phrase meaning "the BoSox suck").
Old Mon Mar 10, 2003, 07:19pm
Official Forum Member

Check this out!

Rookie Dude and I worked a Semi-Final game together at that State B tourny. He's a great ref and a great partner. He was also the alternate on the Final. (1 less College PC mechanic and either of us may have made the Final.)
Old Mon Mar 10, 2003, 07:26pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by NYBAREF
Check this out!

Rookie Dude and I worked a Semi-Final game together at that State B tourny. He's a great ref and a great partner. He was also the alternate on the Final. (1 less College PC mechanic and either of us may have made the Final.)
Sounds like you nailed it.
Good goin' !
Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 02:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirate
RookieDude, I was just wondering how your games went at the state B tournament in Spokane this past weekend? Did you do boys or girls?
Hey Pirate...thanks for asking. NYBAREF and I had an excellent time at the state tourney! (I did Boys)

As NYBAREF (Scott) stated, we worked well together...even though he is one of those "West side guys" (Seattle)
All kidding aside, you guys should be very proud of Scott, he represented you very well...both on the court and off. He is a class act. BTW, congrats Scott on you and your wifes upcoming new "addition" to the family.

Scott and I got to do a Semi-final game together Friday and worked a game each on Saturday. I tell you what...those "B" games have some very enthusiastic fans, the whole community turns out and they love their respective players.

I'll post some further questions and comments later as time allows.

RD
P.S. Thanks mick...you used the same terminology we were hoping and saying before our first game..."nail it"
Jurasic...we had a T.V. in the locker room and was alternating watching the girls "B" Championship that was going on right outside our door, (before the boys Championship) and the 3A game you spoke of on a different channel.

[Edited by RookieDude on Mar 11th, 2003 at 01:11 PM]
Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 02:18pm
Esteemed Participant

JR, I wasn't there, but I know the two who did the Rainier?Issaquah game...both pretty solid officials... an interesting story from the 3A Girls game - one of the officials selected to do the Champ game got really sick over Friday night/Sat. morning, and ended up not being able to work the game...what a bummer...and technically speaking, Issaquah means "BoSox suck, and have for as long as the Great Spirit has moved over the face of the many waters", but I think we all got the gist...and congrats to Rookie Dude and NYBAREF on your semi!!
Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 02:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ron Pilo Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Pilo
JR, Pirate, Rockyroad, nybaref
I am headed to the 4A girls tourney. Should be a great one as 9 of the top 10 teams in the state will be there. Many officials working that tourney who have been there before. I am looking forward to the challenging week. Shoes are shined, shirts and pants are pressed mechanics are crisp and hair is cut. Just hope the ole' achellis holds up.It you get a chance to attend look me up I'd love to meet you face to face.

R. P.
Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 02:54pm
Esteemed Participant

Good luck Ron!! Man, didn't Kentlake get absolutely screwed in the pairings?? Work your butt off like you always do and I'm sure you'll be fine!!
Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 04:29pm
Official Forum Member

Ron, Good Luck at the 4A...say Hi to my buddy Ralph Erath on the boys side.

I talked to some guys at the "B" tourney...they know you and talked highly of you. As mick stated earlier..."Nail it"!

RD
P.S. Thanks rockyroad...
Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 04:30pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Nice job, guys!
Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 05:50pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
JR, I wasn't there, but I know the two who did the Rainier?Issaquah game...both pretty solid officials... an interesting story from the 3A Girls game - one of the officials selected to do the Champ game got really sick over Friday night/Sat. morning, and ended up not being able to work the game...what a bummer...and technically speaking, Issaquah means "BoSox suck, and have for as long as the Great Spirit has moved over the face of the many waters", but I think we all got the gist...and congrats to Rookie Dude and NYBAREF on your semi!!
Rocky,I was just surfing on the ol' satellite dish,and-lo and behold-,there's a replay of the Girls 3A championship game on right now(even as we speak).Lakeside vs. Seattle Prep. Officials listed were Mike LLoyd and Brian Strege,if I got their names right.The only thing that I noticed was the facial hair on the R-Lloyd. He's got a 'stache and a goatee. Don't see that very often-especially on State championship games.Guys seem to be doing a good job!Well officiated,from what I've seen.
Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 07:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
... an interesting story from the 3A Girls game - one of the officials selected to do the Champ game got really sick over Friday night/Sat. morning, and ended up not being able to work the game...what a bummer...
This is amazing, becuase a similar thing happened in Oregon last week!! PBOA guy got food poisoning and couldn't work Thursday eve, nor Friday morning. Was well enough to do his Saturday game, though he might have got a better Saturday game if he'd been there Thursday and Friday to make a good impression on the powers that be.
Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 07:51pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Rocky,I was just surfing on the ol' satellite dish,and-lo and behold-,there's a replay of the Girls 3A championship game on right now(even as we speak).Lakeside vs. Seattle Prep. Officials listed were Mike LLoyd and Brian Strege,if I got their names right.The only thing that I noticed was the facial hair on the R-Lloyd. He's got a 'stache and a goatee. Don't see that very often-especially on State championship games.Guys seem to be doing a good job!Well officiated,from what I've seen.
Yeah, the facial hair guy's the fill-in for the lady who got the pukes...Strege is a good official I have worked with in State Champs before...the other guy I have met, but never seen work...glad they are doing (or did) a good job...
Old Tue Mar 11, 2003, 08:00pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs up

Quote:
[/B]
Yeah, the facial hair guy's the fill-in for the lady who got the pukes...Strege is a good official I have worked with in State Champs before...the other guy I have met, but never seen work...glad they are doing (or did) a good job... [/B][/QUOTE]I thought that the guys did a good job,Rocky.Coaches seemed pretty quiet,too.Best team won.It's a shame that the lady got sick and had to miss a championship game,though.

'Ya think the facial hair guy mighta slipped something into her Starbucks the night before?