The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 23, 2003, 11:53am
Official Forum Member

Wink

This didn't happen to me but it happened. It was at the end of a fairly close game, don't know who was winning. A team A player fouls out of the game. Coach is taking his time putting in a sub, but not being unsportsmanlike, just talking to his players on the court. The coach of team B walks up to the nearest official and said, " I get to choose who comes in for the player who has fouled out." Ref said, "What??!!" Coach says,"It's a new rule this year."
Ref was a friend of mine says he laughed pretty hard and the coach was so mad for being laughed at that he almost got himself a tech.
Old Sun Feb 23, 2003, 12:17pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

The coach was correct. This is a new rule this year - on Mars!
Old Mon Feb 24, 2003, 10:49am
Official Forum Member

Yowsa! Only time I can think of that the opposing coach gets to choose is the NBA, which allows the opposing coach to pick a FT replacement if the victim of the foul can't [read, elects not to] shoot the FTs -- a rule I saw a ref imported into a grammar school game long ago . . . but think of all the excitement we could generate with this rule. Better, let's make it part of the punishment for every foul: player goes out and other team picks the replacement, hmmm . . . .