The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 13, 2003, 02:03pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
I have officiated with a few partners that have a pregame board the comes in a wallet sized zipper pouch that looks like a basketball and has the website from which they bought the board. I can't remember the website. Can anyone enlighten me?
Old Thu Feb 13, 2003, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

Try Theofficialschoiceinc.com, they have one.

I just ordered some patent leather shoes from them...the owner said he is trying to push a new referee shirt that has no stripes. He is sending me one with our State insignia...WIAA...on it to show some Washington State tournament officials.

Dude
Old Thu Feb 13, 2003, 02:10pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
That's the one, thanks...
Old Thu Feb 13, 2003, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ron Pilo Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Pilo
RookieDude,
I am one of those Washington State tourney Officials. I will be at the 4A girls tourney March 12th-15th. I understand that the WOA will have a recruiting booth at that tourney as well as the 3A. You should stop by.
Old Thu Feb 13, 2003, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

Ron,
I sent you an e-mail today. I will be in Spokane for the Boys B tournament. I listed a couple of guys, from our association, that will be at your tournament in Tacoma.

Congrats, and Good Luck!

Dude
Old Thu Feb 13, 2003, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

Yes I remember. You think the guy from theofficialschoice would send me a shirt to show off at the 4A?
Old Thu Feb 13, 2003, 03:14pm
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb

I believe I have seen the shirt you are taling about. Our association has bulk ordered Converse Patent whistle shoes from off. choice a couple of times. The shirt is similar to the style NBA refs wear. It is a silver V neck w/ very thin black pinstripes at about 1 inch intervals. The neck and arm piping is black. I think they are pretty sharp but am doubtfull to them catching on as they are not the "traditional" zebra stripes. Remember the trouble getting people away form the horrendous byron collar.... BTW wouldn't a state assn have to approve these for wear before they are legal???
Old Thu Feb 13, 2003, 03:24pm
Official Forum Member

Possibly...actually this is the same company that has an ad in the back of the NFHS Rules book. I think I was suppose to order two pairs of shoes to get the shirt...but, he was nice enough to send me one since I was going to one of the "big shows".(Also a friend had just ordered a pair of shoes from him)
He mentioned me showing the shirt to Mr. Colbrese, head of the WIAA, but I didn't know if he would be at the B tournament or not. I saw him last year at the Boys 2A tourney...but I do not know if he goes to all of the tournaments. Do you know Ron?

In conculsion, anybody on this board that wants to order some shoes and get one of those new Referee shirts...hit the guy up...it can't hurt....who knows, maybe we will be going to this new style someday.
BTW, what do some of you think of this new style shirt, and what are the chances of switching to it?

Dude

Old Thu Feb 13, 2003, 03:36pm
Official Forum Member

Mr. Colbrese usually is in the Seattle area. Sometimes he ends up going to Spokane or Yakima. But I think he is more consistant attending the 3A and 4A.
Old Thu Feb 13, 2003, 03:55pm
Esteemed Participant

Quite often he will be at the Yakima site the first few days, and his assisstant - Cindy Adsit - will be in Tacoma, and then they switch for Fri and Sat...I have not heard of him being in Spokane at all...
Old Thu Feb 13, 2003, 04:06pm
Official Forum Member

Honigs