The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   End of Game T (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/74283-end-game-t.html)

bainsey Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:15pm

End of Game T

Forgive me if this one has been posted before...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4kJPpMTVALg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nevadaref Sat Jul 09, 2011 05:49am

If the T is for taunting due to running the length of the floor to celebrate directly in front of the opposing team's bench, then I agree with it. That action lacks class.

If it is for entering the court prior to time expiring, then I don't agree.

Do you have a write up on this situation from a local paper perhaps?

Texas Aggie Mon Jul 11, 2011 05:14pm

I can't tell: did the horn sound so near the basket? Game over, count the basket (if opposite table) and I'm gone.

APG Mon Jul 11, 2011 06:35pm

What T'able action occurred in the video? :confused:

Adam Mon Jul 11, 2011 06:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 771864)
What T'able action occurred in the video? :confused:

Apparently, celebrating a win in front of the opponent's bench is T-worthy.

bainsey Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 771457)
Do you have a write up on this situation from a local paper perhaps?

Voila.

Macomb Daily Article

APG Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:44am

I'm going to have to assume there was something else there that the camera didn't pick up cause I'm just not seeing anything.

tref Tue Jul 12, 2011 09:22am

Dakota plans to protest the outcome of a boys high school basketball game the Cougars thought they had won.

I wonder how that turned out? :rolleyes:

"They called the technical after the time had expired," the Dakota coach said. "In our opinion, if a foul cannot be assessed after the game has ended, the technical is improper."

Not saying I agree with the T here, but it is safe to say that Dakota doesnt know the rules.

Brick43 Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:40am

I read the Macomb daily article and found the local broadcast of the game if any are interested. About 1:24 into the vidie is the play, complete with the broadcasters call.
Romeo Vs Dakota Basketball Game on Vimeo

twocentsworth Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:31am

WOW...that is bad basketball, bad officiating, and bad announcing...

Camron Rust Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Aggie (Post 771853)
I can't tell: did the horn sound so near the basket? Game over, count the basket (if opposite table) and I'm gone.

From the video just posted by Brick, the coach appears to bark at the ref at 1:24:54. The coach was jumping up and down about the basket then went/turned to the official and, in a drastic change of demeanor, appears to give him some words right in his face. The camera then pans away and it seems, even though a different official reports the foul, that official blows his whistle for the T.

This is filling in the blanks a bit, but that seems to be one possibility.

Also, at 1:24:57 (and 1:27:19, in one of the slow-mo replays), green #23 runs up to and shoves one of his opponents....could be enough for a T on that which would be indirect to the coach.

SCalScoreKeeper Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:29pm

Thanks for the new video link-That youtube video was grainy at best.I don't know what the officials came up with for techs because I was watching the tape without audio.Here is what I came up with even though I am a lowly scorekeeper-

A.Dakota's coach knows better than to say he's going to protest because every state has a rule that you can only protest eligibility not misapplication of a rule and that technical fouls can be given from the time the officials enter the floor until the time they leave.

B.I had a technical foul on the green bench for excessive celebration (For their celebration going into the white bench) a technical foul on green #25 for shoving as the teams were returning to their benches,and a technical foul on green #23 for shoving at the beginning of the celebration.Didn't have anything on the white bench or team.Can anyone tell me what they actually came up with since I was watching it without sound.

C.Poor game management from white regarding crowd control-Any PA announcer with any reasonable amount of experience would've made an annoucement to stay off the floor during the last time out before green brought the ball up and scored.Host school staff should've been in front of each set of bleachers as crowd control.

Adam Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:48pm

They only called one T, as only two shots were taken, sending the game into OT.

grunewar Tue Jul 12, 2011 02:10pm

What was wrong with the announcers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by twocentsworth (Post 772019)
WOW...that is bad basketball, bad officiating, and bad announcing...

They were innacurate, biased, and opinonated? What else could you ask for? ;)

Personally, I found them comical........"the refs swallowed their whistles." Indeed!

Mark Padgett Tue Jul 12, 2011 03:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper (Post 772035)
Dakota's coach knows better than to say he's going to protest

I thought the whole point of this was that he doesn't know better because he doesn't know the rule regarding officials jurisdiction.